• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a bit more digging into Metal and how it's used in combination with SceneKit, Apple's 3D graphics APIs. I made a bit of headway, but came to the conclusion that the best thing to do would be to read the Metal Language Specification. It's only 287 pages long, and I probably don't need to grasp all of it at this stage

But that's for another day. In the meantime, I started rereading The 2020 Commission Report on the North Korean Nuclear Attacks Against The United States in which renowned arms control expert Dr Jeffrey Lewis imagines some possible consequences of the Trump administration's lamentably poor approach to foreign policy. Unless they get around to jailing the worthless human Wotsit soon, it may still come true

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather cloudy start out, though one of those where it looks as if gaps might open up soon - though the approach of showers from the southwest, due here around lunchtime if not before, may put a stop to that kind of thing. Currently 5°C and it'll be one of those times where it gets warmer after dark, finally reaching 10° by around eight this evening; the barometers are up some more at 999/1007mB

Comment

Morning all
        Warm (7oC) and wet walk earlier, but still had a good blast. Stopped raining now, but it's murky out
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Wet.

Sunless.

Grey.

Chilly in here at 12.3 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

1007.5 mBar, 29.751 in Hg, 755.687 Torr, 14.612 psi, (down from 1008 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 29th of August 2019 it was dark, dank, dreary, sunless, wet, and Lego(tm) day in the library.

Freecell score: 75%, running average: 86%

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: NZ customs thing.

Canadian customs thing.

Oz customs thing.

Freecell score: 87%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: Scotland Yard "The Dark Stairway" (1954) the one with the blind man.

The Karate Kid (2010) the one with Jacky Chan and Will Smith's son. It's unbelievably crap.

My friend Maigret S10 E2 (2001). Actually filmed on an island off the south of France. It looked very hot.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 February 2024, 23:16.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Back to overcast again. Dry at present but rain, maybe sleet, due late morning. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 11 forecast. Barometer up to 1014 mBar.

I received a call from the letting agency yesterday evening but, as I was out with a friend, I didn't take the call. They have an annoying habit of not leaving messages. I suspect my offer on the flat was rejected or the landlady has a counter offer for me to consider.

I've promised a load of work will be done by COB tomorrow so I'd best get on with it, not that I'm at all enthused by the notion.
            Last edited by ladymuck; 14 February 2024, 08:28. Reason: incorrect barometer reading (errantly typed 1004 mBar)

Comment

Yesterday's evening out was to see The Motive and the Cue. It was very good. A play about a play. Or, rather, it's about the relationship between Richard Burton and Sir John Gielgud in the making of their version of Hamlet. You get the essence of Hamlet without having to sit through 3h or so of turgid drivel (I am not a Shakepear(e) fan).

Comment

I keep forgetting to report on refuse trundling activities. Yesterday, refuse and food waste were trundled. This morning, at some ungodly hour (maybe 7am), the refuse was collected. I am sure the collection engineers were grateful that I did, for once, remember to put my bin at the front of the drive.

Comment

Talking of bins. I realised that I need to decide whether to renew my green waste bin collection service or let it lapse until I know if/where/when I'm moving. It's paid by the year and you don't get a pro-rata refund. And I just discovered that the collections stop between 1 December and 1 March. Makes sense as there's little gardening done in that period but it does only give me 2 collections to tidy the garden up and get rid of the waste before the subscription ends.

Comment

So the call yesterday was to tell me that affordability checks can only be based on my tax return and not my company turnover. This is the first time in 10 years of renting in London that this has come up.

Comment

Anyway, after that interruption, I finally get the 'chury.

Comment

Working...
                      X