• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Morning all
    The clouds are lifting, and it was noticeably brighter on our walk.
    Phone pinged me to say I've reached the walking target for the first 3 months of the year (they do a simple one that is 1 mile per day, so 91 miles by the end of March).
    I'm now going to push on this afternoon/tomorrow and try to hit 100 miles by the end of January.
    95.26 miles for the month now.

Might be walking round the airport a lot tomorrow afternoon.

Also it appears some of the suspected gas leak from MMtSH was actually due to a farmer spreading slurry near here.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Chicken madras with rice and naan for tea

Accompanied by a new Traffic Cops

I don't know what C5 are up to with that though. They're only halfway through the series, or thereabouts, but in the app, it suddenly shows E2 (marked as "New" despite being several weeks old) and E7 (the one I just watched) and the rest of the series has vanished

Earlier, I booked a Sainsbury's order for delivery on Thursday evening, mainly because on my visit to the actual store last week they generated a voucher giving me £12 off a delivery order over £60. That seems like a discount worth having in these troubled times, and I don't really need anything that requires my personal attention this week

Comment

No more telly tonight, but quite a few chapters of Goodfellas read. Things are starting to turn bad after the Lufthansa heist

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rosy-fingered dawn out, though a touch chillier at 2°C. It should be soaring to 9° later though. The barometers are also heading up, at 1018/1026mB. It seems it'll get a bit breezy later this morning, and there may even be a smattering of rain this evening

Comment

Morning all
            Big walk earlier is taking me perilously close to 100 miles for the month - currently 158.9km, so 2km to go.
            I know when I land this evening it's 1km walk from the plane to car rental desk and then the car, so I reckon a march round Bristol airport will do it.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Colder in here at 11.2 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

1027 mBar, 30.327 in Hg, 770.313 Torr, 14.895 psi, (down from 1031 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of August 2019 there was discussion of octopus, NF rescued a moth, Abandoned Engineering wasn't on to be replaced by a thing about Railways that I turned off in disgust, veteran was celebrating exam results, whereas WTFH was TFBSZ.

Decided to go for a walk & then discovered it was raining so I didn't bother.

Freecell score in the grey gloom: 93%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y. TWATO <click>

No Randolph Scott epics this afternoon & not innerested in the Brando one.

Oz border control <click>

Oz customs thing: shedloads of Chinese "food" and "medicine" (this last including sugar pills which are definitely safer than most of their tulipe) but sadly no frog fat. And the Swiss old chap who was conned into bring a suitcase from Honk Kong that proved to be stuffed with crystal meth: the jury let him off, he was so doddery.

Thing about Lana Turner on Sky Arts.

Error Doctor Strangelove: now it's Joy of Painting .

Tea: soup etc.

End of "Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957)" with that Kirk Douglas and that Burt Lancaster chap.

Bit of Up Pompeii.

Alien Files Unsealed bollox on Blaze.

The Bad Skin Clinic S6 E4. Lady (Welsh) with rosacea which was made worse by the creams she was using plus a rash: zapped with the laser, rash was caused by the steroid creams. Lady with psoriasis: injection: nice result. Chap with a lipoma on the back of his neck. Woman from a family prone to keloids: ear pearching: keloid: chopped off & radiation treatment.

Dr Pimple Popper S4 E20. woman with multiple cylindromas on her scalp. Chap with a magnificent lipoma on his butt. Lady with "psoriasis" treatments for which made it worse actually had eczema, the treatment for which improved things a lot.

Oh, look: S20 of NCIS returned on Monday & I missed it. Can I be arsed to watch it? Dunno at present.

Turned out it was repeated on Sunday. It wasn't very good. .
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 February 2024, 18:20.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy again. Looks a bit damp, or maybe it's dew. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 5) with a high of 11 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1030 mBar.

The fence is being repaired today. A post has gone and the neighbour reported it to the landlady while I was up at HWMBO's the other week.

Comment

Lunch: a roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) with a bag of crisps (plain)

I ended up tidying the drawers in the freezer bit of the fridge-freezer while working out what to have for lunch, and realised I don't have much pork-for-lunches left. So a roasting joint has been added to the Sainsbury's order

Comment

The post included a reminder letter from Boots Opticians addressed to the previous owner of the flat, and also a letter from the property management company going on about fire safety regulations appertaining to the flat's front door. As the front doors in the block were all replaced at the same time by said management company the other year, I assume this is just for information.

If it turns out the doors they installed aren't adequate for newer regulations, I expect it'll cause enough of a stink among the residents to lead to demands that the work be done out of reserves, which I gather is what happened last time

Comment

The fence was swiftly repaired earlier and the very nice chaps also told me what to do with two potted olive trees left in the garden in order to encourage more growth.

Bed linen has been changed. A new set had to be opened, purchased about 5 years ago in a sale, on account of a very old duvet cover falling apart. I have patched it up so it can be used on the very rare occasion where the other two sets are not available.

Comment

Working...
                      X