• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ham cob for lunch

Comment

For tea tonight, I fancied something on the spicy side. There's a place around the corner that does Indian street food and such, and it's always busy when I pass it on the way to the kebab shop or the Chinese. So I decided to give it a try (takeaway, of course), and the food was pretty nice

I slightly overdid it on ordering starters though, mainly out of curiosity. So there's plenty of leftovers to go in the fridge

There's also a more traditional Indian restaurant, very slightly nearer, which I must try sometime.

Comment

I always order loads of starters when I get Indian food. Often prefer that to a single dish and a side.

Spent most of the evening setting up my new phone, transferring all those app logins I don't think about on a day to day basis. The set up was mostly seamless but the credentials for the apps is a right PITA. Still much to do but I'm bored of it now and it's time for bed

Not happy at the extra rubbish that has been installed that can't be removed. I don't want YouTube Music or Google Meet.

Comment

This afternoon and early evening's entertainment was the usual wildlife stuff, including the new series of Monkey Life

Tonight, I've finished reading Breathtaking and started reading Nicholas Pileggi's Goodfellas on which the film was based (though it originally had the title Wiseguy)

And through mucking around at various times, I've managed to get a bunch of stuff working in my SwiftUI app

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Some ripply sheets of cloud here and there but generally sunny to start. A bit cooler than last week at 5°C but it'll still get into double figures at 11° by late afternoon. The barometers are down a bit though, at 1008/1016mB

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with lumps of fluff. Dry. Currently 4 degrees with a high of 12 expected. No precipitation forecast. Barometer down to 1023 mBar.

Off to see Mum today. Down there it's a warmer start (currently 8 degrees) but won't get much warmer.

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Dry.

Chilly in here at 12.3 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto, 8 deg in the saltinghouse.

1016 mBar, 30 in Hg, 762.06 Torr, 14.736 psi, (down from 1021 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 21st of August 2019 there was mention of Febo while NF was having Fun With Maps of the Mississippi.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

House very roughly vacced with the vac with the broken rubber band so it no longer beats as it sweeps but picks up a lot anyway, in fact more than might be expected.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: The encrochat thing on R4 at 13:30.

Shirts in off the line & in the TD since it's getting very grey out there.

Shirts out of the TD & awaiting the iRon.

Smalls in off the line & in the TD.

Smalls out of the TD.

Entertainment: Canada customs thing: the usual: no frog fat, Chinese mealworms instead (permitted entry). Septic couple drive across the border by mistake carrying medical weed: fined. Couple on a board on their way to Alaska: minute amount of weed: boat seized: the quantity of weed wasn't much so no problemo. Chinese chap with kilos of meat and a $32k watch: busted: 6 months probation & $9k7 fine. Oh jolly dee, someone who needs to transit British Columbia to get to his new home: Oh dear(tm). And a taser:

By Plane. The Point Roberts Airpark is a single runway airport. This airport, along with the marina, provide the only access to the rest of Washington state without first having to pass through BC
                . He needs to get his convictions "rehabilitated": after all it's only burglary GTA pointing a gun at someone etc.

Anabolic steroids in a toy.

Cottons in off the line & in the TD.

Half a cup of water out of the TD thereafter.

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: Freecell score: 88%, running average: 86%.

River Hunters Special: Wars of the Roses: well it's on & muted. I'm reading a book at the same time.

NASA's unexplained files on Quest. Assuming I haven't watched it before. Repeat.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 February 2024, 21:30.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just payed my Self Assessment bill, because I live for pleasure alone

I could have held off until the 31st and got a couple of extra days of interest on the savings account. But I get paranoid that the Faster Payments system will break down on the day under the strain of dealing with transfers from everybody else with the same idea

Comment

Jeans wash on

Comment

Lone walk. Mud past me ankles! Followed by short drop in at village club. Me next door neighbour only person I know there now, others have all disappeared. Cull of old farts never stops, may be me next. Round to ll1 later for Scrabble.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X