• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    In multi story car parks I always feel like I'm in a horror movie.
    Fancy writers call them "liminal spaces" and publish essays in literary journals about experiencing anomie within them

Today's viewing was the usual round of wildlife stuff; Monkey Life was getting a bit meta with a segment about one of the chimp groups examining a new camera that had been installed in their enclosure

And this evening, I've read swathes of Eon. Only about a hundred and thirty pages left now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dull. Overcast. Dry. 3 degrees with a high of 6 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer down to 1015 mBar

Off to Glasgow this morning where it's currently 0 degrees with a high of 3 expected and sunny.

The performance yesterday was ok. Enjoyed the drinks and snacks and chat afterwards more. Although I think my friend was less impressed by Korean food and drinks. She's picked the venue for our next outing.

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Misty.

Chilly in here at 10.8 deg, 8 deg in the kitchen, 7 deg in the leanto.

1014 mBar, 29.9434 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 14.7 psi, (down from 1018 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 58% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile in the early hours of the 17th of August 2019 NF was watching clouds drifting across the moon whilst watching two of the Planet of the Apes oevre, it turned into a sunny day for a while, the haul of dvds was poor, but one was purchased:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0760311/

whilst two were disposed of.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Just a minute.

Walk (abbreviated) walked despite it picking with rain as I set off: taking the brolly successfully prevented a deluge.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 86%.

It rained.

Entertainment: Canadian border thing: 150kg of khat listed on the manifest as "furniture". Chap with $40k in cash/checks () asked to prove it's not product of crime. Two dumbos who drove into Septicland by mistake now in deep tulip, man, plus crystal meth in the car. No frog fat but someone trying to import duck from China: got away without a $800 fine. Woman drove from Utah to the border with some crazy story, got turned back, apparently she wanted to buy key rings: car proved to be clean.

All of this has informed me that my caution for an underinflated tyre from 1985 is spent when I turn 100, until then it'll appear on an ACRO certificate if I ever bother to get one. Which is unlikely.

NZ Highway Patrol: the Malaysian "Grand Prix" driver: certainly a Prix of some kind. The unfortunate bullocks precipitated off the side of a bridge when a cattle trailer overturned.

NZ Motorway Cops: the one with the spanner in the tyre and the chap with a chainsaw balanced on his lap riding a small motorbike. .

The Mentalist S1 E1 where we are introduced to Patrick Jane. And, of course, Red John.

Vera S13 E2 "Tender" Better than last week.

History's Greatest Mysteries on Blaze: more bollox: was Jack the Ripper an Ancient Alien?

NASA's unexplained files: S2 E7. the early demise of the Apollo 16 satellite PFS2 after 424 orbits and 35 days. Nuking Jupiter with the thermoelectric generators on Galileo. The Face on Mars. The jelly donut on Mars. The launch sundog mystery from an Atlas 5 carrying the solar dynamics observatory.

S2E8: Luna 15: crash. Luna 23: ditto. Luna 24: sample returned: regolith had been buried but had been disturbed in the Sea of Crises. Oh feck, Jerry Pournelle. NAZI's on the moon. 49 Seti with dust rings. Ok: Larry Niven & Ringworld. . Methane on Mars. It's life Jim but not as we know it. South Atlantic anomaly. Air France plane crash. St. Elmo's Fire. Mysterious rocket launch observed from the ISS. "Laser" pulse from a globular cluster. Wasn't there when they looked again. Planetary nebulae.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 January 2024, 00:55.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Spending morning trying to get a story together for the Creative Writing group this Friday. Don't have the imagination I used to but finally managed to come up with an idea, typical rubbish. Ought to restart that old CUK story thread but almost nobody else was ever interested in posting.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny and a bit Simpsonesque out, though in a more wintry sort of way due to the high, thin wispy clouds - also, the vapour trails seem to be lingering for a long time, which seems to happen in colder weather. In fact, it's 4°C and attempting to reach 5° by lunchtime, but expected to get down to -2° tonight. The barometers are down some more at 1001/1009mB

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Meanwhile in the early hours of the 17th of August 2019 NF was watching clouds drifting across the moon whilst watching two of the Planet of the Apes oevre, it turned into a sunny day for a while, the haul of dvds was poor, but one was purchase:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0760311/

whilst two were disposed of.
              That looks pretty good! I shall keep an eye out for it. It seems a Director's Cut was released in 2020

Comment

Sunny in Heathrow as my flight departs half an hour late.

Comment

Carted a couple of bags of recycling over to the bins. I suspect from something in the air out there that there may be some precipitation soon, though I doubt we'll see any snow as it seems a bit too warm for that

Comment

Late lunch: sausage and bacon in white buttered toast

Comment

It was sunny on landing in Glasgow. Later on there was a small flurry of snow but not enough to be troubled by.

Comment

Working...
                      X