• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Gordoneo Bennutto. Another flat tyre.
    Flat as in puncture, or just drop in pressure?
    (and have you curbed the wheels?)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Really flat. Think I must have damaged the wheel yet again. Couple of days ago trying to crawl past a damn great bus going round a corner on a really sharp bend on a very narrow road and heard a clunk. Dunno why a bus is allowed on that road.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunch: a bacon butty

I've got most of my stuff ready, but I don't think I'll have time to get to Melton. I'd forgotten that the car needs fuel, so I don't think I have enough to get there and back, and I don't know the route so I'd have to dither around finding a petrol station. As Sainsbury's is on the way (twice, this end and that), I think I'll have to just get the pork pies from there

At least I've remembered to put the laces back in my smart black shoes after polishing them. I discovered when getting dressed for my Mum's funeral that I'd forgotten to do so, causing extreme panic until my brother-in-law came to the rescue, he being sufficiently organised to have spare sets of such things

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          nope. It was definitely on the 16th unless someone's frigged about with the clock/calendar thingie..

https://forums.contractoruk.com/ligh...ml#post2672812

Which doesn't work for me, rather it takes me back to 21st of March 2016 where mudskipper is waffling on about a headlouse magnifying glass for some reason.

Apparently it had reached the heady heights () of £146.

Despite an extensive search, no further details of the ultimate price of said magnifier were found.
          I stand corrected; I was looking at September instead of August 2019. Sorry about that.

Comment

PubConf tickets go on sale tomorrow.

This year it will be at The Barley Mow in Westminster on Friday 2nd February at 19:00

https://pubconf.io/events/2024/london/

I've never been. Maybe I should go?

Comment

Made it south, accompanied by four large pork pies

Comment

Dinner with cousins from the Wirral, who are staying at a small hotel with a good restaurant just around the corner

I had honey and mustard glazed bacon loin chops with chunky chips and fried eggs, which was very nice indeed

Comment

Having agreed to stay on at the current rate + 6% until we renegotiate the contract in April , two of the contractors who aren’t as good (at negotiating or doing their job) tried to throw me under a bus by suggesting I should run a meeting tomorrow that is on the fringe of my area. It only took a couple of hours of my time today to bring it together, and managed to get data into it that highlights where the issues lie. Can’t wait to see their faces when the European business management have clear visibility on the cause of the delays. Should buy me another 12-18 months, and lead to a couple more people being “Open To Work”.

Anyway, TFBSZ.

Comment

Suppose I'd better get to sleep

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                      Overcast and dark out earlier (well it is winter), but a pleasant walk none the less.

TFIF, etc

Comment

Working...
                      X