• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: herby (but also quite peppery) chicken, tomato and lentil soup

Gone grey out now

The cold may be a bit better, but it's still not good. Getting lunch has worn me out, and all it involved was hoiking it out of the freezer and heating it up in the microwave

Comment

Afternoon all

This morning it seemed bright but now it's dull and overcast. Damp in the air. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 9 expected. Rain forecast this afternoon/ evening. Barometer up to 1005 mBar.

This morning was spent doing "life admin", namely downloading various statements, invoicing, etc.

I have given the house a vacuuming. Initially I wondered why it wasn't picking up and then noticed the brush was full of hair, rendering it more of a vacuum duster. Not very effective on carpet. After clearing that out, progress was much better. I remembered to remove newly collected hair from the brushes before putting it all away.

Now having a cuppa and a biscuit.

Comment

Tea: leftover KFC

Not the most exciting of meals, but extremely easy to make

I've decided that though I'll start back at work tomorrow, I'll warn them that I may not last. If I remember the contract terms correctly, I only need to make it past lunchtime to be able to book it as a full day. Happy to carry on if I'm able to, of course. One ought to give one's clients value for money, but it'll be better value for them if I don't drive myself into an early grave before the project's completed

Comment

Teatime viewing this evening was an old Police Interceptors

And later, the opal hunters were back! Surprisingly few mechanical failures, and such as occurred were easily remedied, which made a nice change

Early night now, to be ready for the return to work tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Back to work - the big question can I remember clientco password?
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning denizens

Gloomy grey start after a rainy night. Mind you, the sun isn't up yet, which can't be helping. Currently 9° with 11° likely later, which is mild enough, though the rain is expected to continue into this evening. The barometers are down again, unsurprisingly, at 974/982mB

The lurgy is a bit better again this morning, at least on first impressions. Could probably still do with a few more days to recover from it properly, but it's not as if work involves hunting mammoth or anything. I'm hoping nothing drastic has come up during my time off, but it probably hasn't as everybody else took a break almost as long too. The project isn't even in production yet, so the worst that could have happened is that a staging env has logged a few errors - or somebody up the chain has completely changed all the project parameters

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Back to work - the big question can I remember clientco password?
                I keep it simple and only have to remember which "special character" I tacked on to the end of my usual one to satisfy their outdated requirements

Comment

Morning all

It was dark and very wet on our walk earlier.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I keep it simple and only have to remember which "special character" I tacked on to the end of my usual one to satisfy their outdated requirements
                    I meet the character type requirements with the first few characters, then a rolling number sequence after that. Every 90 days it is n+1
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Raining. Dull. Overcast. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Rain expected all day. Barometer has plunged down to 990 mBar.

There was much rain yesterday evening and overnight.

New ClientCo are late paying my November invoice. Considering they promised they would pay on time if I accepted 30 day terms, I am not impressed.

Comment

Working...
                      X