• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually quite sunny when I went for me walkies. Then went up the club for a pint of lager. Only one of the usual blokes I know was there.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

All bed linen has been laundered and draped about. Haven't yet made the bed.

The light went all like it does when it's about to snow but instead it tipped it down with some quite considerable enthusiasm.

Catching up on Trucking Hell.

Comment

I too have had a shower, in the vague hope it would make me feel better. It didn't, but at least I feel clean as well as befuddled

Not sure what to have for tea. The problem is that I don't really have any appetite so I can't work up enough enthusiasm to make anything, even though I can eat it well enough once it's there

I may throw caution to the winds and have the big steak I originally planned to have on Friday. If I don't finish it, at least the leftovers will serve for breakfast or lunch tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I may throw caution to the winds and have the big steak I originally planned to have on Friday. If I don't finish it, at least the leftovers will serve for breakfast or lunch tomorrow
          And so it came to pass: thick-cut ribeye with chips, fried onions and beans

I only managed about half the steak but it'll keep in the fridge

Cooking was a bit tiring but I didn't feel like I might collapse or anything during it, which is a definite improvement on how I've felt on some nights recently

Comment

Just throwing this out there… No Time To Die finishes with the old phrase “James Bond Will Return”, but how can he return when he’s dead?
            Go back to the last thing said in the film.
            Madeleine says to Matilde “I want to tell you a story about a man, his name was Bond, James Bond”
            The next film(s) can be based on the stories that Madeleine tells Matilde, which will be from what James told her during their time together.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Just throwing this out there… No Time To Die finishes with the old phrase “James Bond Will Return”, but how can he return when he’s dead?
              Go back to the last thing said in the film.
              Madeleine says to Matilde “I want to tell you a story about a man, his name was Bond, James Bond”
              The next film(s) can be based on the stories that Madeleine tells Matilde, which will be from what James told her during their time together.
              I assumed he'd regenerate like Doctor Who. That would explain all the other times he's changed as well

Comment

Teatime viewing has been an episode of Police Interceptors from the most recent season, E2 to be precise, which has only just been released. E14 of this season is still missing, presumably while some legalities are dealt with

This one included the most pathetic Freeman on the Land ever. Having been stopped for an insurance check, he started out by making a big thing of refusing to show his licence and insurance, or even get out of the car, because he was in a "Private Conveyance". He then phoned his mum who drove all the way out to wherever the stop was. By the time she arrived they'd got him out by dint of simply opening the back door of the car, which he'd left unlocked. His mum also spouted what seemed to be a lot of utter bollocks, possibly about Admiralty Courts or some such. But in the end, he bottled it and gave them his licence while his mum used her phone to show the insurance documents, and it turned out he'd never committed any traffic offence in the first place - whereupon they did him for "obstruct police" and he ended up with a £550 fine plus costs

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I assumed he'd regenerate like Doctor Who. That would explain all the other times he's changed as well
                  He has never been killed before.

Anyway, TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Happy New Year, TPDenizens! Hope we all have a good one!

Comment

Can't believe how many people round here are legally permitted to buy fireworks when they can't even tell the time

Comment

Working...
                      X