• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Damp, windy and overcast. Currently 12 degrees ('feels.like' 9) and it'll stay that way all day. Rain expected mid afternoon onwards.

Mum and I are having a quiet, lazy day today as it's just the two of us. Presents will be done tomorrow when we see my brother and his family

Have a good day, whatever you get up you!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Might open the tin of Quality Street in a bit
      Mum bought.a tub of Roses a few weeks back and I went looking for them yesterday. Only found the empty tub! She claims she didn't eat them but, if not, where the heck are they??

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Mum bought.a tub of Roses a few weeks back and I went looking for them yesterday. Only found the empty tub! She claims she didn't eat them but, if not, where the heck are they??
          Well played her

Comment

Right, time for me to head south! Hope you all have as good a one as whatever circumstances you find yourself in permit

Comment

Morning Afternoon.

Monday.

Wet.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Not so chilly side of chilly at 13. 8 deg in here, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1005 mBar, 29.6776 in Hg, 753.81199 Torr, 14.5763 psi, (unchanged but a tad then the tad unchanged back), 76% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Walk (unabbreviated & extended considerably) walked in the initial undrizzle replaced by drizzle which continues even yet. A Cunning Plan to avoid the relatives next door. Which worked until the bastards came back later.

The morning was ruing when some heartless bastard wished me a merry xmas. It had the potential for one of xogg's stabbity stab moments but I controlled myself.

Meanwhile on the 9th of August 2019 NF had found that Sainsburys had rebranded his freetrade blah blah blah coffee after it had disappeared some weeks earlier whilst wearing the old packaging. I hate it when they do that. Whereas in glorious Neath it was raining old women & sticks again.

Today's dream before waking involved testing the well known* DG129 LODC + 4*NC analogue switch. Quite why that particular one, I really don't know, other than its propensity for turning itself off in the dark & cold.

*And incredibly obsolete along with so much of the Siliconix back catalogue.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage Xmas /Sky at Night ep.

Ideas that changed the World: the telescope. This is narrated by "Engage Mr Crusher".

Ideas that changed the World: the car.

Ideas that changed the World: The aeroplane.

Doctor Who.

Doctor Who: Unleashed.

Ghosts. The Final Final ep.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 December 2023, 19:20.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Filthy walk to the pub, a pint of water and a couple of beers, then a walk back home. Didn’t manage the full 14km at TheWife decided to pick me up.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Evening denizens. Hope it was a good/tolerable one. Highlight here was my excitement at including babybels on the side plates with the bread rolls, purely in order to be able to make a bad pun about remembering the real meaning of Christmas when someone asked why they were there. I was not disappointed, and at least two people at the table appreciated the humour. £2.65 well spent.

Haul includes chocolate and gin, as well as a weird wooden duck.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Evening denizens. Hope it was a good/tolerable one. Highlight here was my excitement at including babybels on the side plates with the bread rolls, purely in order to be able to make a bad pun about remembering the real meaning of Christmas when someone asked why they were there. I was not disappointed, and at least two people at the table appreciated the humour. £2.65 well spent.

Haul includes chocolate and gin, as well as a weird wooden duck.
                    Evening

Glad to hear yours went well

I've got books, and a goodish amount of chocolate. Also socks

Comment

Morning denizens

I seem to be the first up here. But I have things to do: I'm popping down the road to the parents' home shortly to pick up some boxes for transportation back to mine, they being my stuff. Some are books I retained but felt I didn't have room for previously; I suppose I'll have to find room now. And some, it seems, may be old toys and such

It's fairly cloudy here and getting cloudier, and not so warm at 6°C with an expected high of 9°. But back home, where I'll be heading once be-boxed, the high will be a mere 8°C. The barometers seem to be very much on the way up at 1009/1017mB

Comment

Working...
                      X