• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

WLMS.

There must be something about December 18th since it's exactly 10 years since my dad fell over, ended up in hospital, & never came back home.

Ho very hum.

<- manly for NF & family.
    That reminds me. 18 Dec is an inauspicious date in my family. Started off well, with my maternal grandparents getting married on that date. Then in the 1980's my grandfather died on that date, then last year my grandmother died on that date

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

?
      Indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post

^^ WLMS.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That reminds me. 18 Dec is an inauspicious date in my family. Started off well, with my maternal grandparents getting married on that date. Then in the 1980's my grandfather died on that date, then last year my grandmother died on that date
          We've been offered a date at the crematorium for our Dad which just happens to be our Mum's birthday; she would have been 90

Comment

Been to the doctor. Well, I thought I had, but now I'm being told that it might have been a PA, whatever they are

Anyway, she listened carefully to the saga, and palpated my abdomen a lot, and decided it didn't need referring on at this stage and I should just wait and see if it continues improving, or get back in touch if it gets worse again - or stops improving, I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

We've been offered a date at the crematorium for our Dad which just happens to be our Mum's birthday; she would have been 90
              You should be able to change it to another day if you prefer.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Condolences to NF.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Yeh, sorry for your loss NF. I'm still waiting to hear re my bro. but won't be able to visit whatever happens, he's in California.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Not too crappy day, got my wheel back this morning and boiler fixed this afternoon, neither too expensive. Cheaper than owning a pet, chatting to a bloke in garage this morning who had to fork out over 6 grand to fix injuries to his cat.
                    bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

No proper walkies as waiting in all afternoon for boiler repair man. so just been for local wander round my/adjacent village. Lots of xmas lights but none compare to the ones down my road.
                      bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                      X