• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been beef and Guinness casserole with chips and peas

Accompanied by The Crime I Can't Forget, from BBC Northern Ireland, in which police and others involved such as relatives talk about past murders

Comment

No more telly tonight, but I made some more progress with the state machine stuff

Still inordinately tired because of this lurgy, whatever it may be

Friday tomorrow though! My last working Friday of the year!

Goodnight all

Comment

Off to a charity ball on Saturday, been trying on my tuxedos to work out which one fits best.

Anyway, TFBSZ.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey sort of start again after what I think was a fairly breezy night, though there's a thin line of clear sky a bit of a way above the horizon, and apparently it will brighten up later. The clear skies will have consequences, though: it's 5°C now and won't get any warmer than 6°, dropping to -1° tonight. The barometers are ambivalent at 1009/1017mB

Comment

Morning all
            CBS and a pleasant crepuscular walk.

TFIF, etc.
            Tux selected, security certificate still invalid.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dry. Cloudy but in distinct chunks of fluff rather than a featureless blanket. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 6) and that's the high for the day. The temperature is set to drop from noon onwards. Barometer down to 1021 mBar.

HWMBO is heading down later today to visit for the weekend.

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Dry after the dampness of last night.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 14.1 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1021 mBar, 30.15 in Hg, 765.8 Torr, 14.808 psi, (down from 1022 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 31st of July 2019 WTFH was damp & blustery, oPM was wondering about people who needed motivational water bottles, and I bought "The Conqueror" which counts as one of the most radioactive films of all time, and killed a lot of people.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the chilly wind & wan sunshine & grey gloom.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: some stuff on R4 about law or something.

More "pruning" of the apple tree & pear tree. .

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM. <click>

Wheeler Dealers S8 E5 Saab 9-3. MOT ran out end of September.

Coast & Country ITV.

Peppermint (2018). Lots of blood & gore.

Swedish Customs thing. ?frog fat?
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 November 2023, 18:46.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sainsbury's has been popped to for such bits as were required. First go this year at getting some Christmas-related stuff, mainly because the nieces go to their mother's side this year, so I'll be seeing them next weekend instead and need to have their presents and stuff sorted out by then

And upon my return, lunch has been a pork pie from Dickens & Morris of Melton Mowbray

Comment

Lovely sunset, with the now-bare trees to the west beautifully silhouetted

The chestnut tree at the old place has finally shed almost all of its leaves. Maybe a dozen or fewer left on one branch? Not sure why those ones are lingering.

Comment

Tea: spag bol

Accompanied by the remaining half of an S7 episode of Trucking Hell

Comment

Working...
                      X