• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rainy afternoon here, which isn't what was forecast. But what can you do?

Anyway, I just had a nice relaxing bath

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Really lucky with Wordle again just now, finished in 2 goes, got 4 letters on 1st geuss, 3 in right place.
      Took me three, but I got it in two yesterday; my first guess then had the first letter correct, two in the wrong place

Comment

Lots of Diwali fireworks this weekend.

Comment

Lunch earlier was a bit of leftover KFC. And for tea, I christened the new frying pan by making a fry-up

As so often with these things, the new pan has made me realise just how bad the old pans are

Comment

Another load of tulip wood split, and now it’s TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's real-life medical excitement came from a C4 thing called Emergency which followed various patients through the London Trauma Network from admission (or from being scooped off the road in some cases) to discharge, whether that was to their home or to the undertaker. I hadn't seen this before but it was S2, and I watched all four episodes. There's an S1 as well, from last year, so I have more dislocated knees and fractured skulls to look forward to

Monday again tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, damp start after overnight rain, with drizzle or more expected to continue for another couple of hours or so. Quite mild though: 12°C and getting to 13° soon, though then it'll fall back to 12° for the rest of the day. The barometers are down again at 977/985mB

Comment

Morning all
                  Very stormy over night and still a bit breezy now.

Debi does Devon.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Monday. .

Dark.

Windy.

Damply dry.

Grey.

Sunless/wanly sunless.

Hint of blue sky.

Cool in here at 14.5 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13 in the leanto.

993 mBar (991 before tap), 29.323 in Hg, 744.81 Torr, 14.4 psi, (down from 998 last night), 70% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 28th of July 2019 NF's flat was down to 22.5 deg, whereas it was 15 deg outside, and I'd cooked some roast beef which was, apparently, pretty meh, while NF's pet caterpillar was consuming the ragwort he'd put it on with some gusto.

Finally found the revised bus timetables, no thanks to the feckers running said buses who are still showing the old timetables.

Fit of energy: cleaned bathroom, many upset spiders. Much dust. Smells better now. If you like the scent of Jiff or Cif or whatever it's called.

Nearly put back out again at one point due to the awkwardness of cleaning some of it.

This follows on from yesterday evening's cleaning of the cutlery drawer whilst "watching" something or other that was completely uninneresting.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y on shoplifting. <click>.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. X7 down, 38 across, & 38 back.

Freecell score: 94%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Wheeler Dealers S7 E6 Lotus Elan. Mot ran out Jan 2022.

Lucy Worsley waffling on about the Tudors: Bloody Mary etc.

Abandoned Engineering: S. Korean sky village. The Spanish P Line in the Pyrenees built by Franco. Club Hotel in Argentina that housed the sailors from the Graf Spey. The Apollo cinema in Tblisi Georgia.

History's Mysteries: Roosevelt "knew" about Pearl Harbour before it happened (well Pujol told J. Edgar Hoover about it). Trojan War. Gladiators. WMD in Eyerack. How WWI wasn't really started by an assassination in Sarajevo.

Sky at Night with that Brian Cox and the Infinite Monkeys in their Cage. Meh.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 November 2023, 22:36.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Was overcast and damp when I left the house this morning but has brightened up considerably. Sunshine and showers seem to be the order of the day. Warm at 16 degrees, and that's the high for the day. Barometer down to 1006 mBar.

Comment

Working...
                      X