• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I remember reading about APL in the 1980s, looking at some example code, and thinking "Nope"

Code:
    Pascal←{0~¨⍨a⌽⊃⌽∊¨0,¨¨a∘!¨a←⌽⍳⍵}
    ⍨ - Sums it up really

Although
    ⍵ - Reminds me of the Average White Band :-)
    (from a similar era)

Comment

Lunch: leftover pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce, and a bag of plain crisps

Before that, I went to Big Sainsbury's after all, though I didn't need a huge amount. I got a new frying pan though, as all my existing ones have decided to become stick rather than non-stick

Nice and Simpsonesque out, though not as warm as it has been

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        ...anyone else find that Globle has stopped working?
        Yes, the globe on the intro page just freezes. If you go directly to https://globle-game.com/game it still works, though (and https://globle-capitals.com/game if you do that too).

That said, it seems to be working for me today, so maybe it's been fixed? It seemed to be something to do with an advertising library that wasn't configured properly and caused a JavaScript error.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Yes, the globe on the intro page just freezes. If you go directly to https://globle-game.com/game it still works, though (and https://globle-capitals.com/game if you do that too).

That said, it seems to be working for me today, so maybe it's been fixed? It seemed to be something to do with an advertising library that wasn't configured properly and caused a JavaScript error.
          You're right - It wasn't working the last few days and I'd given up on it, but it's OK now.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just received our Waitrose booze delivery. They gave me a free single measure (50ml) of Coole Swan Irish cream liqueur

Happy Friday!

Comment

Ribeye steak with chips, fried onions and beans for tea

Accompanied by S7E4 of Trucking Hell. No incidents that I saw as they were happening in this one

Comment

Breaded cod with cauliflower cheese (home made by me), and now TFBSZ

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture not-quite-a-premiere was Convoy (1978) which I saw on the telly some time in the 1980s, but it's not the kind of film that sticks in the mind; not exactly A Canterbury Tale or Terminator 2. But it's OK once you get through the very 1970s-cliché bits, and let's face it, there aren't many films based on a country & western hit single so it's got a certain kudos right from the start

And then a film I've been meaning to rewatch for a while: All the President's Men (1976) being one of the best journalism films

Finally, a rewatch of Constantine (2005) because it's important to remind oneself of these matters from time to time. I recently bought the book of the comics on which this is based, and the codex is of roughly the same volume as that of the papers of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn as published by Israel Regardie in the 1930s, though of course the latter is mainly text and the correlation is almost certainly of no significance

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Misty.

Foggy.

Cold side of chilly in here at 13.4 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 10.5 deg in the leanto, 5.5 deg in the salting house.

1007 mBar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (up from 1004 last night), 70% RH (GDR hair), 61% RH (Lidl electric).

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 27th of July 2019 it was still hot, NF was attempting, futilely, to open some windows, while the then current book reminded me of the reason for half a crown being termed "half a dollar" by the 1948 devaluation of the £ to $2.80 from $4.03 due to our "allies" generosity post WWII.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

It's dead calm so drying appears to be optional.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine.

If any drying of the washing has happened it's purely coincidental.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: The Now Show <click>

Seems to be kicking off in that London. .

Leaves collected off the lawn (via the lawn mower).

Flox pruned back. A rose got an unitended prune at the same time. Peonies cut back.

Resultant garden waste met the greenhouse, where it will fester & mellow & dry out until the Time Comes for Another Bonfire.

Shirts in off the line & in the TD to finish off.

Shirts out of the TD & roughly iRoned, now airing upstairs.

Entertainment: the Infinite Monkey Cage 2016 Xmas Special.

Smalls in off the line & in the TD.

Tea: spag bol etc.

Entertainment: PM.

Fortress Britain E2 with that Alice Roberts: WWII Operation Sealion.

Dan Cruickshank about Remembrance.

Maigret S3 E5 "High Politics (1962)".

Little Trains etc. with Pete Waterman & James May. :.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 November 2023, 21:10.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny. Blue sky. Dry. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 11 forecast. No rain expected. Barometer up to 1009 mBar

Off to Richmond to see a friend for lunch. No tubes until 3pm so it's the no.65 bus for me. Although Richmond from where I am would be a faff on the tube whereas the bus is pretty much a straight line ride.

I really ought to do a spot of hedge trimming as it's dry but I'll be drunk later and that'll be dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                      X