• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 16.7 deg, 16 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

990 mBar, 29.234 in Hg, 742.56 Torr, 14.358 psi, (up from 987 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 23rd of July 2019 it was hot hot hot at 34 deg for WTFH, 24.1 deg in here, 26.7 deg for NF, who, additionally had received the new Nectar card to replace the Nectar card he'd recently unlost.

Stopped raining.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 204 out. No sign of the 34, walked back.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click>

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Shank's down & shank's back.

Entertainment: The Cows are Mad E6 with Seldom Glummer of the opinion even now that beef was safe.

Freecell score: 93%, running average: 86%.

Tea: there was tea.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Wheeler Dealers S6 E11 Ferrari 308 Dino GT4. Alright if you like that sort of thing.

The Crash Detectives. Transit rear ends a Ford Fiesta on the hard shoulder. Well that was unpleasant: two dead children and the mother injured. The miscreant was 2.5 times the limit on booze & had taken coke. 9 years.

There's been a full on Murrain of Beasts deluge: with niagras of water flowing down the gutters in the road, almost meeting at the white line.

Abandoned Engineering. Gold mines, miners union Victor Colorado. Villaggio Coppola, Italy, abandoned seaside town. HMP Shepton Mallet: bits date from the 1600s, used by the Septics during WWII, hanged 18 or so soldiers, subsequently held the Krays and Charley Richardson.

History's greatest myths on Blaze. More bollox. The interweb as invented by Al Gore. Lightbulbs by the wizard of Menlo Park. Hitler inventing autobahns. Ford inventing the car. Tedious beyond endurance.

I think I've reached existential boredom++.

Indiana Jones just survived a kiloton nuclear detonation by climbing into a leadlined fridge.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 October 2023, 22:41.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch was a leftover pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce

Still a mix of sun and cloud here, but no rain at this time

Comment

Bad day. Loony lady 2 died. Known her for at least 15 years.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: some more of the beef short ribs braised in Guinness, with chips

And there's a couple more portions in the freezer. The flavours developed nicely in that one

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Oh no! So sorry, Xog <- manly

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Sorry to hear that

Comment

Busy day at the new coal face. Pleased I remembered stuff from working there before. Good team, looking forward to getting properly started.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Busy day at the new coal face. Pleased I remembered stuff from working there before. Good team, looking forward to getting properly started.
                    Good stuff!

Comment

Teatime viewing was the rest of the episode of Trucking Hell I hadn't finished the other day.

Later: part one of The Detectives: Taking Down an OCG on iPlayer

And then the end of the current season of the gold hunters, in which they all made it to their targets - though one team cheated rather by downgrading said target from 1000g to 400g at the start of the programme

New season of the opal hunters starts next week.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X