• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^Gorky Park. One of Mr Marvin's final epics. Read the book & watched film many years ago (knocking on for 35 to 40 from the sounds of it).

Morning.

Saturday.

More nightmare dreams about work: this time the car had two punctured tyres when home time came & the batphone was very odd indeed, plus the landline in work seemed even stranger. I was glad to wake up.

Dry.

Misty.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 16.1 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto, 9.5 deg in the saltinghouse.

1011 mBar, 29.854 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.663315 psi, (up from 1006 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 14th of July 2019 the steam engine "Tornado" bypassed Neath on the Swansea District Line. Which was disappointing.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Walk walked for the first time in months, since June 23rd as it transpires apart from once in July.

Lunch: baked beans on toast & suchlike.

Entertainment: Money Box. America's book of secrets on Bollox Blaze.

Cottons in off the line still slightly damp, duly iRoned & airing upstairs, the roller towel was damper than I'd thought.

Freecell score: 95%, running average: 86%.

Still sunny here. I brought the cottons in because it had gone very grey.

Tea: spag with last portion of bol, pity the preceding portions weren't as nice as this one.

Entertainment: PM.

WWII in colour: gotterdamerung.

Pink Floyd "The endless drivel". <click> WWII in colour: Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Little Boy & Fat Man.

Maigret S2 E11 "The reluctant witnesses". The biscuit factory one. Lacks the emphasis on the antisemitism in this production. It also lacks Gromit despite having Peter Sallis.

The Four Just Men E38 "The boy without a country". Cabin boy runs away from a ship.

It's A Royal It's a Knockout on 5+1.

1976 on 5.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 September 2023, 22:00.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Clear sky with occasional lumps of fluff. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Barometer up to 1016 mBar

Today is the first anniversary of my Dad's death. Heading down to Sussex where we're having a family meal this evening.

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather Simpsonesque out today, though not that warm at 15°C with a prophesied high of 16°. The barometers are bouncing back at 1004/1011mB

The squirrels have left some more conker husks down on the corner of the lawn. I've noticed from my bedroom window that there's a conker tree at the end of next door's rather long garden. They have a small dog, which seems amiable enough, but is perhaps enough reason for the squirrels to gather chestnuts there and bring them over here for consumption, if that's what's happening

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Today is the first anniversary of my Dad's death. Heading down to Sussex where we're having a family meal this evening.

Comment

Lunch: the last of the assorted charcuterie in a wholemeal bap, and a bag of plain crisps

Comment

Driving to Worcestershire tomorrow for a boring visit to sister. Fortunately got an old work mate and old uni friend nearby/on way.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Popped round the shops. First: the chemist, to collect the monthly prescription. Then on to Sainsbury's Local for a couple of bits, as I didn't go shopping this week.

Finally, to the kebab shop; so tea has been kebab and chips

Comment

Dinner was very nice, we had a laugh and raised a glass. Back home now. Rubbish drive down, decent drive back. All in all a good day.

Comment

Lots of wildlife in Africa on the box this afternoon

And the usual endless repeats of Road Wars early evening

And then I rejected further TV in favour of re-reading the early short stories of H.G. Wells

Early night now, as tomorrow I travel in a southerly direction for a ruby wedding lunch gathering

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather gloomy out and quite breezy too. Currently 16°C heading for 19°, and the barometers are unchanged at 1004/1011mB

Currently pottering around vaguely feeling as if I ought to be getting ready to go, even though there's no need to make a move before eleven at the earliest

Comment

Working...
                      X