• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While a couple of pigeons browse peacefully near the central flowerbed, a squirrel is running round the edges of the big lawn and the smaller lawns, sampling what appear to be chestnuts

The odd thing is that I don't believe we have a chestnut tree around here

As all the chestnuts are close to the driveway, I'm wondering if one of the neighbours is picking them up somewhere else and bringing them back here to scatter around for the benefit of the squirrels

Meanwhile, up here, I found time to get the dishwasher on after lunch, and once that was done, I got the mundane laundry in the washing machine

Comment

At the airport - can I just say Berlin airport takes the award for worst design of airport ever - hint when you need to arrive 2 hours before your flight (because your security is stupidly designed) you need somewhere to sit and have a drink
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Actually it’s even stupider - they didn’t design anywhere for people to queue to get on the flight - the queue is crossing the corridor and totally blocking it
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tea: lamb cutlets with chips, peas and gravy. Very tasty

Comment

The opal hunters are back, the cycling having apparently ended, and in the final episode of the series (or season) the featured ones mainly did pretty well; though old Les managed to blow himself up with a can of petrol and had to be flown hundreds of miles to hospital

And then new gold hunters, who also seemed happy enough with what they got for their troubles

Quite windy out and it's down to 18°C in the bedroom, having been 19° about an hour ago. I think I'll close the window tonight

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out and very windy. No rain right now, but it's in the post. Currently 13°C, and maybe reaching 19° later, while the barometers are trivially up at 989/996mB

There was a black car parked in front of my Corolla yesterday from around teatime, but it's gone this morning. In its place: three sets of chestnut husks. I reckon the squirrels, when they find some nuts, take them under a parked car so they can eat them without being disturbed. I suspected this ever since I found some where the Corolla had been parked when I returned from shopping the other week

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast. Flecks of wet. Windy. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 18 expected. A light shower forecast mid afternoon. Barometer up a bit to 1007 mBar.

It was all a bit too breezy last night so windows were closed. I may reopen one or two.

This morning I found out that a tester has signed off a load of reports and didn't actually test for the main functionality because they forgot to set the data up two weeks ago.

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday apparently.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Very wet.

Cool in here at 18.9 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 17.5 deg in the leanto.

999 mBar, 29.5 in Hg, 749.3 Torr, 14.489 psi, (down from 1002 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 12th of July 2019 Brillo had difficulties with the terminals in the Coop, whilst NF & I found hard disks we didn't know we had, nor what was on them (nothing in the case of the NF 1TB HD), various films were watched.

Freecell score in the wet sunless grey gloom: 95%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: stuff.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click>.

Freecell score in the grey gloom of the afternoon: 92%, running average: 86%.

Tea: spag (reduced portion) with the bol that's festered in the fridge since last Friday due to the ongoing dyspepsia, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM going <click> off <click> on <click> off as the reporting went.

Colonel March of Scotland Yard E23: "The case of the lively ghost".

Scotland Yard "The Mail Van Murder" with the lugubrious Mr Lustgarten. The Sweeney(tm) in this one: though it's Wolseley 6/80s rather than Ford Consul 3 litre V6s.

JoP. JoP.

The Human Jungle. "Skeleton in the cupboard".

Ghosts US S2 E22. I wonder who got sucked off.

Maigret and the Spinster. S4 E3. Cecile est morte.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 September 2023, 20:26.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Well, that's been quite a busy day. Trying to get some code written, collaborating with somebody else on trying to get some AWS infrastructure configured and running, sitting in on a training session with an external supplier so I could explain various things to do with how we're doing things, back to AWS, and resetting somebody's password for a UAT server. And somehow, I almost managed to get something working; though not quite

Lunch was a hastily-guzzled Pukka steak slice

I managed to get a few bits through the wash; dressing gown and so on

And it's been extremely windy for most of the day but has settled down a lot now, relatively speaking, but remains very grey

Comment

Tea: chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

Comment

Working...
                      X