• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    They only charged me for the cod; I assume they're doing a special offer. Either that or it was a new girl who won't pass her probationary period, but I'm pretty sure I've seen her there before, and she seemed to know how to handle a scoop and wrap chip paper round stuff, so I wasn't going to question her competence
    Checking the banking app, I see she did charge me the correct price, but for some reason she said the price of the cod only. Ah well, I don't suppose working through a busy teatime shift in a chippy (and it's always busy there) is conducive to clarity of thought just as things are beginning to quieten down

Comment

Tonight's early(ish) viewing was the C4 police thing

And then S1E3 of The Royle Family, in which they have Nana over for Sunday dinner and then watch Antiques Roadshow

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Foggy start out, but over the last twenty minutes or so the sun has burnt it off, thereby transforming itself from a wan, featureless Moon tribute act to the standard blazing orb. Mild enough at 13°C but, in one last stab at summer, it'll get up to 22° later. The barometers seem unconvinced by this display of bravado though, being down a bit to 1004/1012mB

Comment

DPD have just delivered a box to the other end of the long block. Until I moved here, I didn't realise how much stuff people have delivered. DPD and the others are here every day, there isn't an afternoon goes by without an Amazon van showing up, and I see people getting stuff from Deliveroo and such at eight in the morning as well as lunchtime and teatime

Comment

Not to mention the supermarkets (or equivalent). Generally a preponderance of Sainsbury's, Morrisons, and Ocado, with the occasional Waitrose and a couple of defiantly downmarket Tesco and Asda regulars. Somebody opposite gets a weekly delivery from Wiltshire Farm Foods. At least a couple such deliveries a day, and that's only the ones I spot; I spend most of the day in the study on the other side, so who knows how many there are really?

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Damply dry or drily damp.

Wanly sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Cool in here at 20.4 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 19.5 deg in the leanto.

1009.5 mBar, 29.81 in Hg, 757.2 Torr, 14.64 psi, (down from 1012 last night), 76.5% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 11th of July 2019 I was applying for some job or other via TotalWasteOfTimeJobs, WTFH was deadheading the roses, and Xogg had found some weird stuff.

Ok, why has "Nick Brown"'s contribution to Janey's "ello" thread still not appeared?

Freecell score: 71%, running average:86%.

Freecell score (having failed to win that last game so started again: 100%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: scrambled egg, poached tomato, etc.

Goodness me, a convolvulus hawkmoth caterpillar. Now that's a whopper!

Tea: chicken in white sauce etc.

Entertainment: JoP. JoP. (if I'm lucky).

Dial 999.

Bulltulip on Blaze.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 September 2023, 16:04.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all (just)

Lovely sunny day. Hazy/wispy stuff but still nice and bright out. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Barometer down to 1017 mbar.

TFIF.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Not to mention the supermarkets (or equivalent). Generally a preponderance of Sainsbury's, Morrisons, and Ocado, with the occasional Waitrose and a couple of defiantly downmarket Tesco and Asda regulars. Somebody opposite gets a weekly delivery from Wiltshire Farm Foods. At least a couple such deliveries a day, and that's only the ones I spot; I spend most of the day in the study on the other side, so who knows how many there are really?

Stalker!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Stalker!

A Deliveroo-or-similar bloke just cycled up to the far end of the longer block and was met at the front door. He took off his huge boxy rucksack, reached in, and handed over a tiny bag with a tiny box in it. I'd feel guilty about making somebody cycle all the way here for the sake of a single sandwich or whatever it was

Comment

Lunch: leftover pork cutlet in a white bap with apple sauce

Very sunny here. Not unpleasantly warm though; before lunch, I carted a couple of bags over to the recycling bins and it was very nice out there

Comment

Working...
                      X