• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Cloudy but set to dissipate as the day progresses. Currently 20 degrees with a high of 31 expected. Barometer steady at 1018 mBar.

Have to phone the OPG today to find out why my brother didn't receive a letter to activate my Mum's Health & Welfare POA. I got mine weeks ago but the website said we had to wait until 5 September before chasing it up. They don't open until 10 am on a Wednesday. I wonder how long it'll take on hold before I get through?

Comment

It took about half an hour to get through and spoke to a lovely chap who initially thought my brother was my husband

Comment

Lunch has been a Pukka steak bake

After its use-by, which was yesterday, but I'm sure it'll be fine

And a replacement recliner cable arrived from Amazon. Took more than five minutes to fit it, and I'm still not sure I've done it 100% correct. But while experimenting to see if I'd rigged it correctly, it extended the recliner! So for now I'm leaving it like that rather than risk closing it up and have to turn it upside down once more to get it extended again

If you look at the mechanism of these things, they're very obviously capable of severing a finger or three if you trigger the wrong bit while a hand is in the wrong spot, so I'm cool with some minor inconvenience if it saves me sticking my hands in there again

Comment

Remind me again which one of us lives in Leicester….

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwpRL...RlODBiNWFlZA==
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

You're looking a lot trimmer than the last time I saw you!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Looks like that café has changed hands since last November: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.63...8192?entry=ttu

Comment

Ugh, boring afternoon. Loony lady 2 nagged me into taking over a stall at U3A open day for her creative writing group. Sitting in a crowded hall crammed with nattering old farts on a nice day. Nearly made me deaf.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been chicken madras with rice and naan

Comment

More cycling on, so earlier viewing was some more of the C4 police thing. Quite interesting as it was following them during the early stages of the pandemic, so a lot of it consisted of people asking them what they were supposed to do and them saying they didn't know because they either hadn't had any guidance from the government, or the guidance they had was so vague as to be essentially meaningless

And later, Derren Brown's stage show An Evening of Wonders from 2008 which was excellent, as always

The recliner isn't quite right; there's a bit that can be attached to another bit from either side, so I almost certainly did it from the wrong side, as it had come loose before I had a chance to check. So tomorrow I'll probably tip the thing over yet again and reattach it the other way. But for now, it's usable, which is good enough to be going on with

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy again this morning but not foggy, and it's a fairly thin, high layer meaning the slightly diffused sun is showing through. Already at 18°C and expected once again to hit 28°, while the barometers are nominally down but really much the same at 1007/1015mB

Comment

Working...
                      X