• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all, Glasgow calling

Cloudy and breezy. There was much overnight rain and more rain forecast off and on. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 19 expected.

Off to the capital today where the morning's showers are expected to give way to a bright and sunny day. High of 21 expected.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Cloudy but starting to tend towards Simpsonesque out, and there's quite a strong breeze, judging by the exuberant shimmying of the conifers. Mild though, being 21°C with a high of 24° expected. The barometers are down a little more at 1000/1008mB

Comment

Sausages (Cumberland) and bacon in white toast butties for lunch

Comment

Not sure if I'm just having a lucky run, but once again I got through to the Chinese first time, and the wait is only half an hour

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Not sure if I'm just having a lucky run, but once again I got through to the Chinese first time, and the wait is only half an hour
            And very nice too

Comment

Tonight's first major motion picture was one of those that isn't actually a premiere but which I haven't seen in decades: Tommy (1975), which doesn't actually feature that much pinball playing. It's pretty good considering the people who created it were completely out of their skulls almost constantly during the era in which they did so. The scene with Ann-Margret writhing around in a mixture of baked beans and chocolate certainly looks better in a 4K remaster than it did on the 625-line UHF broadcasts

And then a rewatch of Sucker Punch (2011). When I first watched this just over a year ago, I commented on how very, very odd it is. It remains very, very odd on rewatching, but I've decided that it's the excellent kind of odd

Goodnight all

Comment

Decades since I watched "Tommy". Saw a brief bit of "Quadraphenia" on the box a couple of months ago which sated my desire to watch either.

Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Sunless.

Grey.

Cool in here at 21.5 deg, 23 deg in the kitchen, 21 deg in the leanto.

1015 mBar, 29.97 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi, (up from 1011 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 77% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of July 2019 covbob was still taking his pill.

Freecell score: 100% (of 10), running average: 86%.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: my tinnitus.

NZ Highway Cops S4 E7 & E8. Mad van dweller chap, summer in NZ, winter elsewhere. Sounds like a plan.

NZ Motorway Patrol S15 E7 & E8. Stone me, that chap on the motorbike was lucky to survive. Just shows what a touch of crystal meth can do for you. .

UFO E1 with the lovely Ladies with Purple Hair. And the one on the submarine wearing a string vest.

Joy of Painting. Repeat from last week. well enough.

Joy of Painting. Some other geezer. No at all so:

Britain's Most Historic Towns with that Alice Roberts: Stewart Stirling: red hair & black leather biker jacket.

Am Dro. Fforest Fawr to Castell Coch with a drag king. Mynydd Garningli Pembroke. Dinas Dinlle Caernarfon Bay. Dinas Mawddwy, Minllyn Quarry. In the snow.

NASA's unexplained files on DMAX+1. Fire on MIR in 1995. The reds hadn't mentioned the fire in 1994 to NASA and were reluctant to mention this one. 14 minutes before it was put out. Wolf1061c: tidally locked planet 4.3 earth masses. Possible goldilocks zone on the terminator. And a mere 14ly away. China ASAT test that could reach Keyhole orbit. The "wow" signal: generated by a comet? Gemini MOL spacesuits found in a forgotten room at a NASA launch site. Pity they couldn't find a Gemini launch to show rather than a standard Apollo version. Moon rock containing amino acids.

Secrets of the London Underground with that mysterious station mentioned by NF.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 August 2023, 21:43.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny out at the moment, though there's a lot of clouds hanging around too. The wind seems to have dropped quite a bit, though there's still a breeze of sorts judging by the trees. Currently 21°C with 23° due later, and the barometers are bouncing back at 1009/1017mB

The cord on the blind in the bedroom snapped as I was raising it just now, reinforcing my decision to replace it with curtains. The blinds in there and the study (aka second bedroom) were added by the previous owner, who apparently didn't like the old and rather scruffy curtains seen in the sale photos from that time, but also didn't allocate much of a budget meaning they're just cheap things from Dunelm. I'm not so bothered about the one in the study (which I've already had to repair when I moved in) but I don't want to have to be gingerly manipulating half-broken blinds first thing in the morning or last thing at night

Comment

Afternoon all

Sunny with lumps of fluff. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 20 expected. Rain forecast this evening.

Had a fun day out in Edinburgh yesterday, starting with a very nice lunch, followed by a musical performance, then cocktails. Heading home later this evening.

Comment

Bacon cob for lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X