• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My back, while not crippling or anything, has been sufficiently discombobulated for some time now that I just decided enough was enough and ordered a new mattress

Turns out the last new mattress, which it felt like I'd ordered quite recently, dates back to January 2016. So it's seven years old, and They say you should replace it every seven to ten years (though They sell mattresses, so They would say that). The old bed frame, which dated back to 2000, was a cheap pine thing which had sagged over the years, so the mattress had sagged with it and as a result had become permanently saggy in the middle, even though the new bed I got when moving here doesn't sag

The current mattress, I find, was a 1,200 spring affair, while the new one is 2,000, which I'm hoping will be kinder to what little remains of my spine

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky with wispy clouds.

Cool in here at 20.3 deg, 21.5 in the kitchen, 19.5 in the leanto, 17.3 deg in the salting house.

1013 mBar, 29.91 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.692323 psi, (down from 1015 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of July 2019 covbob remarked on Brillo's century.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Wispy clouds replaced by big fluffy clouds.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Shirts in off the line and awaiting the iRon.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line, including the bedding.

Note to self: remake bed whilst you remember to avoid angst, wailing, & gnashing of teeth later on.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about natural source chewing gum. It went <click>

The iRoning of the shirts & appropriate cotton completed, airing upstairs.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey cage S11: "Solar system", "When Quantum goes Woooo", "What is the point of plants".

Bed reassembled.

Entertainment: Science thing on R4.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM waffling on about Parky & exam results for A level & Btech.

Trucking Hell S7 E5.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 August 2023, 20:00.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A cooler start to the day oop North. Might brighten later, but the forecast of for heavy rain at some point... maybe tonight into tomorrow.

Second interview went as well as these things do... another casual chat that didn't seem to be too taxing, or probing. They seem like a nice bunch, so fingers crossed.

Might do stuff today; might not... time will tell.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Morning all

It was quite cloudy earlier but now that seems to be dissipating and there's more blue amongst the lumps of fluff. A bit of a breeze. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Barometer remains at 1021 mBar.

I thought I heard the beep of a failing smoke alarm but it's not repeated itself. Although the carbon monoxide alarm by the boiler is well past its date so maybe it's that making a last gasp for attention and I ought to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            A cooler start to the day oop North. Might brighten later, but the forecast of for heavy rain at some point... maybe tonight into tomorrow.

Second interview went as well as these things do... another casual chat that didn't seem to be too taxing, or probing. They seem like a nice bunch, so fingers crossed.

As an aside, I'm quietly heartened by the way that this morning's reading has panned out.
            Last edited by wattaj; 17 August 2023, 09:35. Reason: Poor speillng.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              That I have discovered that I'm now rubbish at Tetris should tell you all that you need to know.

Might buy a Nintendo controller for the PC to up my game.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

It's very warm in my little office. According to Tado, it's 25 degrees in here.

Oh look, my LtdCo H&S policy says that when it's over 23 degrees, all personnel get ice lollies

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  It's very warm in my little office. According to Tado, it's 25 degrees in here.

Oh look, my LtdCo H&S policy says that when it's over 23 degrees, all personnel get ice lollies

Comment

Lunch - so long ago - was sweet chilli chicken bits in a white bap with a bag of plain crisps

Sunny afternoon out

I'm thinking of going shopping in a while, once the cross-city rush hour traffic has died down. Gets it out of the way
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 17 August 2023, 16:14.

Comment

Big Sainsbury's has been gone to and the shopping done

I was sole mask-wearer as usual

And on the way back, I stopped off at the VAT fraud chip shop to get my tea: haddock and chips

Among the staff behind the counter were two quite old blokes who appeared to be quietly running things. It's possible - likely, even - that these were the actual brothers who were jailed for the VAT fraud all those years ago

Comment

Working...
                      X