• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bright and sunny in the northern provinces. It's going to be a hot one.

The boy is off to school looking like he's slept in his uniform. We do our best, but it's now become a point of principle to look like a vagrant. Still, the house is at peace and I can wallow in the quiet for a few hours.

Might play a few retro games. Reactions are shot, so it's been somewhat embarrassing so far, though practice makes perfect.

Laters.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with wispy fluff here and there. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

Interesting bug reports today that aren't our fault (my favourite kind!).

Comment

Walk with bunch of old ladies. Some rude conversations, contrary to common belief, older women are not all prudes.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunch was the remaining pork cutlet from the other night, deboned and stuffed in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce

Feeling a bit headachey today. Not sure if it's the weather, hay fever, tiredness, or a brain tumour. Possibly all four, I suppose

Comment

I have reverted to my Virgin Hub3 having briefly tried the "upgraded" Hub 4... my broadband WIFI speed has returned to a very healthy ~90Mbps having dropped to <5Mbps on average during the trial.

I feel stupid for having trusted Virgin Media and assumed that everything would work as expected.

Lesson learned.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Doing mobile local history website and doing me head in trying to find out it wasn't scrolling. Then found no websites were scrolling, force stopped Chrome and all ok. That sage old IT advice, turn it off an turn it on again.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                I have reverted to my Virgin Hub3 having briefly tried the "upgraded" Hub 4... my broadband WIFI speed has returned to a very healthy ~90Mbps having dropped to <5Mbps on average during the trial.

I feel stupid for having trusted Virgin Media and assumed that everything would work as expected.

Lesson learned.
                You use their hub for anything beyond a modem - foooolllllll
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tea has been a roast pork dinner, which was very nice indeed

If I'd remembered I was having that for dinner, I'd have had something else for lunch

Lovely sunset - all red and orange

Comment

Tonight's opal hunters did OK, including some more new starters. I realised that the reason I thought new people were starting late in the season was because of references to the people from Mintabie only having a few weeks left, but then I remembered that that's only because of the Australian government closing the town down

And later, a couple more episodes of the motorway-police-plus-dashcam-clips show, as I'm quite a way behind on that one

I've been feeling extremely run down today, so an early night now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Patchy cloud out, but of the kind that just adorns the place rather than doing any raining. Sun breakthroughs are likely to increase throughout the morning until it's full-on sunny by lunchtime, though reverting to a few more clouds around teatime. Currently 15°C soaring to 24° later, and the barometers are up a whisker to 1010/1018mB

Comment

Working...
                      X