• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

We arrive at something like 0145 and the Finnair Platinum Wing lounge doesn't open until 0500 or maybe 0530.
    Hopefully they won't kick you out of the airport for a few hours.

I actually have a request for something you can only get from a Moomin shop (it's only a keyring) will ping you a PM...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

A cool start to the day with little prospect of it improving. Bright enough though, so not too bad all in all.

I had a rather disturbing dream this morning: I was absolutely sure that I'd been working, gone on holiday, and then just not gone back to work. Not told anyone that I was off and not gotten in touch to say that I was away... absolutely convinced that this was real... I'd just left work one day and not gone back.

Might actually be a real memory... I'm not sure of anything anymore.

I'll have a cup of tea and a jam sandwich (strawberry, thanks for asking) and try to piece my sanity back together.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Not forgetting the Orca attacking ships off Spain & Scotland, and the dolphins attacking swimmers in Japanese waters.

Doomed etc.
        Wasn't that an episode of the simpsons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload...=DailyGuyToons
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Been raining on and off for most of the day. But that hasn't put off the gardener, who's been out there trimming all the hedges - he usually just does the decorative ones around the front of the art deco blocks, but this time he got the big trimmer on a pole and did the hedgerow along the front of the lawn too. Nothing drastic though; just trimming it back where it's grown out a bit so it's vertically in line. Still plenty of habitat for all the creatures that live out there and give us something to watch out of the windows

Lunch was sardine toasties, of the kind that swim in the sea of tomato sauce

Comment

There were Lincolnshire sausages and some bacon that Needed To be Eaten™ so that was tea, along with chips and beans

Comment

I'm on the train!

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The opal hunters continued to have varying fortunes, with a new bunch finding an absolutely enormous haul of fire opal in their first week out there

And then Secrets of the London Underground was largely about the secret wartime bunkers of Green Park and Down Street

Finally, watched a SwiftUI video from Apple, but didn't have the energy to do anything useful with what I learned from it yet

Early night now, due to said lack of energy. I'm still pretty sure it's due to the sun waking me up at ridiculously early times; it'd be better if it went back to rising around half seven and just stayed there for a few months

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all, Helsinki calling, local time 0304

It's dark out so therefore there is no weather. The border is closed so we can't escape from Schengen until it opens about 90 minutes before the first flight of the day, which just happens to be the one we're booked on. This rather reduces my chances of getting a nice shower and l may have to slum it in a BA shower at Heathrow instead.

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday apparently.

Many very odd dreams.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dreary.

Damp.

Cool in here at 19.1 deg, 20.5 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1011 mBar, 29.855 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.6633 psi, (up from 1010 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 29th of June 2019 WTFH was nice to a cyclist (), whereas NF was making fish finger sandwiches, which inspired Diver to do the same, while I was finding the weather uncomfortably numb warm.

Trip to Swansea to see some ex colleagues at Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde: met rather more than anticipated.

The "box city" concept seems to have been dropped in favour of building another steel frame building on the car park.

X7 down, X7 back, having missed the X something or other, and the late X5.

Made a change not to be loaded down with books for donation. Even managed to wear a different jacket & some antiperspirant. . Glad I didn't bother with the leather jacket, that would have been rather too heavy.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of less toasted toast than the curst, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWATO followed by the crap about Banksy.

I may mow the lawns & trim the privet this afternoon since it's not currently raining.

5 lawns duly mown. The mower was a pain in the arse to start at one point. .

Entertainment: all but the first 8 minutes of Trucking Hell: the one with the tank on a low loader and the crane hoisting a compressor & air tank through the roof of some outbuilding or other.

Tea: Mr Brains' faggots with peas, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Joy of Painting.

Joy of Painting. not so much

Freecell score: 100% (of 4), running average: 85%.

The Bad Skin Clinic (repeat). The young lady with a cyst on the end of her nose & a chap with rhinophyma.

Dr Pimple Popper. Chap with an extra "testicle" halfway down his thigh (this one's a godbotherer from Texas, yeeefeckinghaw): pedunculated lipoma, chap with a big lump on his forehead: cyst, woman with keloids on her ears: removed & the scar nuked.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 July 2023, 22:20.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, with evidence of overnight rain. Apparently it'll start to get sunny this afternoon though. Currently 15°C with 21° due later, and the barometers are back down a bit at 1002/1010mB

Comment

Working...
                      X