• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cool and showery Sunday ahead.

Need to do my end of year paperwork... actually needed to do it in February, but the accountant is now on to me. Will start later... maybe.

Boy's bike tire was patched a couple of days ago, but his indifference to helping put it back on has delayed completion. His loss. I hate fiddling around with mucky, oily stuff.

Started to watch something called "Unforgettable" on Amazon Prime last night. It's a hackneyed cop, love interest sort of thing. I don't like the male lead TBH, but I'll give it a couple of episodes as there's nothing much else on the horizon for a while.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Morning all

Windy, chucks of fluff scurrying past but dry and bright. Currently 20 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Barometer up to 1011 mBar.

We're off on our bonkers travels in about an hour. Looking ahead at the weather, I will melt. Scorchio in Malaga, just as bad on West Coast USA and the little patch of Canada we will be popping to.

Regarding Unforgettable, is that the one with a woman who just walks around places and remembers every detail? An old series but I quite liked it at the time. Got very samey after a while though.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy day out, and still quite breezy, albeit not as windy as last night. Currently 17°C, 19° expected, the barometers are back up somewhat at 995/1003mB, and light rain is expected shortly

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Regarding Unforgettable, is that the one with a woman who just walks around places and remembers every detail? An old series but I quite liked it at the time. Got very samey after a while though.
          yep that's the one she is a skinny ginger. Very lazy watching, if you like it try the "Listener" and "Ghost whispererer". If you want high art try Medium.

I'm on Skorpion at present between the new episodes of Jack Ryan.

Also enjoying Third watch which is fun all the Chicago cop/ambulance and fire memes in one.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Nick.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Yes, that's the one. I don't expect much out of it TBH.

Bright, but blowy up north.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Lunch has been Lincolnshire sausages and bacon in toasted white bread butties

A very small fly has just wasted an hour or two of its brief span wandering around the window in the kitchen, so I caught it and let it out. It'll probably get eaten by a bird now

Comment

A very small fly has just wasted an hour or two of its brief span wandering around the window in the kitchen, so I caught it and let it out.
                  Wot a nice bloke. Sorry bout yer ma, NF, remember seeing mine for last time at hospital.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Cor. Unusual for me, bit drunk after rare visit to village club. Chap up there always insists on buying me drinks. Hardly ever drink these days and never on me own.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Cor. Unusual for me, bit drunk after rare visit to village club. Chap up there always insists on buying me drinks. Hardly ever drink these days and never on me own.
                      You got lucky?

Comment

Working...
                      X