• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The remaining flights are:

AA14 LAX-JFK 22-JUN
    BA176 JFK-LHR 22-JUN
    AY1332 LHR-HEL 23-JUN
    AY1223 HEL-PRG 23-JUN
    BA855 PRG-LHR 24-JUN
    Excellent, thank you!

Comment

Tea: chicken hotpot, made with the remains of the Big Chicken. Very nice

The thunder and lightning did turn up very quickly, along with some of the heaviest rain I've ever seen - real monsoon stuff

I spent the first part of the evening, during the hotpot-cooking, watching various Apple Developer videos. Finally managed to stumble across one about some stuff they introduced last year which is exactly what I was looking for

And then once the hotpot was ready, dining was accompanied by Traffic Cops which I'm now watching the rest of

Comment

Afternoon all, NY calling, local time 1718

Cloudy out. Currently 22 degrees with the temperature now staying to cool.

We are settled in the Soho lounge at JFK for a couple of hours.

Comment

And so to bed, to read a little of the Apple documentation for the framework I found out about earlier, and then to start on January 1667 in Sam Pepys' diary

It seemed quite close earlier, but opening the window allowed some fresher air in. Reasonably refreshing temperature out there now too, being 17°C.

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out and going to remain so, it seems; looks like there might have been a shower or two overnight as well. Mild enough though, being 17°C currently with 24° expected. The barometers are up some more at 1011/1019mB

Comment

I see BA176 is just past Ireland and heading towards South Wales

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I see BA176 is just past Ireland and heading towards South Wales
                Final approach!

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Grey.

Dry.

Warmish in here at 22.2 deg, 23.5 deg in the kitchen, 22 deg in the leanto.

1018.2 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 1017 last night), 67% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 21st of June 2019 there was a CBS with pollen & hayfever consequences expected in due course.

It rained.

Just as well I didn't start the washing. Or go for a walk.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on non crusty toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of equally non crusty toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Archive Hour: Rocky Horror show.

TWATO. Some Scots bint currently waffling on about boat people. Och, I'm sure she's had her tea. .

Walk (abbreviated alternate alternate route) walked in the wan sunshine and nice cool breeze.

Freecell score: 93%, runniing average: 85%.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S1 E10. Rory!

Tea: hot & spicy sausage (Morrisons, reduced, been in the freezer for years) with bacon (reduced, been in the freezer for 4 days) with onion gravy, a yog, the last of the peach slices, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S14 E1 Ant ep 1.

UFO bollox on Blaze. Battulip crazy as ever. Phoenix Lights. The Truth Is Out There.

Joy of Painting.

Joy of Painting Very poor. not achieved.

The Sea of Sand. Dickie Attenborough in the Western Desert.

Dial 999 E24 "Extradition". Robert Shaw's in this one. A naughty person again. .

Litvinenko: The Mayfair Poisoning.

Am Dro: Coed Y Brenin, North Wales, Beddgelert, ditto, Gwaelod y Garth, Taffs Well, Kidwelly, Mynydd y Garreg, much mention of Ray Gravell in this last.

History's Greatest Mysteries: Houdini's Diaries.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 June 2023, 22:10.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all, London calling

Cloudy. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 25 expected.

We arrived about an hour late following air conditioning issues that required a complete power down of the aircraft. Apparently the air conditioning also manages cabin pressure. They have redundancy but to run on just one unit isn't great. Then we had to get the flight plan refiled as it was thought to have not worked, necessitating a route at lower altitude that stayed as close as possible to emergency airports. Apparently another type of restart was then tried and we were able to take the normal route once BA HQ refiled the original flight plan.

All this meant our transfer from T5 to T3 had to be done a lot more rapidly than expected. Now waiting for our flight to HEL.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all, London calling

Cloudy. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 25 expected.

We arrived about an hour late following air conditioning issues that required a complete power down of the aircraft. Apparently the air conditioning also manages cabin pressure. They have redundancy but to run on just one unit isn't great. Then we had to get the flight plan refiled as it was thought to have not worked, necessitating a route at lower altitude that stayed as close as possible to emergency airports. Apparently another type of restart was then tried and we were able to take the normal route once BA HQ refiled the original flight plan.

All this meant our transfer from T5 to T3 had to be done a lot more rapidly than expected. Now waiting for our flight to HEL.
                      You're next in line to take off, once that 777 ahead of you goes

Comment

Working...
                      X