• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Evening all

It's dark so I can't see what the cloud situation is. 22 degrees.

Just arrived in LA. Local time 21.14 on 15 June.

Typical of LA to have their own weird time and hours of daylight

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Dry.

Warm side of warm at 23.3 deg in here, 25 deg in the kitchen, 22.5 deg in the leanto, 20.7 in the saltinghouse.

1013 mBar, 29.914 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.69 psi, (down from 1014 last night), 70% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 17th of June 2019 WTFH lost a chicken to old age whist I watched all the extras on "Once upon a time in the West (1968)" and was still cooking stuff from the looks of things, the retirement ennui not having reached its fullness back then In The Long Ago Time Before The Plague.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the last 5 minutes of "So much blood". . The Archive Hour about that Prince musician chap, it just went <click>.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned, airing upstairs.

Those cottons that required the iRon duly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Smalls in off the line & airing upstairs.

Once the towels have attained the approved 40 grit they'll be in off the line & airing upstairs, they're currently at 80 grit, so getting there.

Strewth it's a bit warm in the salting house at about 29.7 deg. with the iRon adding to it.

Once I've recovered it'll be time to start cooking the next batch of bol and chilli.

Her next door but one of the generous build has a headache. .

Bol batch made.

Chilli batch made.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S1 E5: no Rory.

Tea: liver & bacon with onion gravy, stewed gooseberries & custard, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea. Nice enough & a welcome change from fish. I think I'm fished out now.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E13 1973 Chevrolet Camaro: bought: $17k, total: $32,281, sold: $35k. Starts off spending $3k3 on a stage 1 kit, adjustable suspension, tubular steel wishbones, new stroker engine (450 bhp rather than the stock 145 of the existing lump), new gearbox, new exhaust, and finally, the tubo'lard puts go faster stripes on it, plus a spoiler and an airdam up front.

Wynne's thing about 1976: when it was even hotter than it is now, when walking up the 3M's tunnel at the end of morning shift it felt as if the air came from a blast furnace. They stuck a vent in the roof at the top which successfully prevented any recurrence of a summer like that.

Dial 999 S1 E20: "Hunter hunted". Walter Gotell in this one. And a Riley sports car, and, I think, an MG Magnet. Who'd have thunk that 150kg of gold was worth $150k back in 1959 (more like $169k by my calculations).

Cold shower: the water, by my lights, was fecking warm.

Digging for Britain: blonde hair in this one. It's on but I'm not really watching it.

Repeat of Am Dro.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 June 2023, 22:12.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The cob shop was popped to, and a bacon cob obtained and eaten

A small group of travellers (five or so caravans) have moved on to the park down near the end of the road. I assume the Guardian-reading intelligentsia who form the majority population of the neighbourhood are now finding themselves caught between the two poles of "They're people with rights who need to live somewhere" and "But they're RIGHT THERE! NEAR A SCHOOL!!!"

Comment

Think travellers are very variable as other groups. Know people had 'em nearby and left the place in a mess but I've seen then turn up near here and then leave it all nice and tidy.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

My local park has turned into fort Knox because of travellers. First they did wooden bollards, got dug up and drove in. Then they cemented them in. Got dug up and drove in. Then they built earth embankments and cemented bollards on top. Going from having a visit once or twice a year to none in like 5 years. Bit odd as I can't see it being difficult to remove the padlocks on the gates, not getting criminal damage charge if there are like 10 families.

Comment

Originally posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post
              My local park has turned into fort Knox because of travellers. First they did wooden bollards, got dug up and drove in. Then they cemented them in. Got dug up and drove in. Then they built earth embankments and cemented bollards on top. Going from having a visit once or twice a year to none in like 5 years. Bit odd as I can't see it being difficult to remove the padlocks on the gates, not getting criminal damage charge if there are like 10 families.
              I worked at Edinburgh Park a good while ago and they had some inventive way to keep the travellers out: they tried bollards, but they were dug up; they tried an embankment, but the pushed it over; they tried a deepish trench around the ground, but they filled it in... then they tried plowing the field. That seemed to work.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Warm again today with a prediction of showers tomorrow... we'll have to wait to see how that turns out.

Have started to look for work. Grim, but needs must.

Lunch was a tuna and coleslaw sandwich on some sort of bread product with sides of mixed nuts, an orange, and a stick of chocolate.

Beef burgers for tea... CBA with having a BBQ, so they'll be done in the oven with a few chips for the lad.

Have a top weekend. See you all again next week.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Morning all, LA calling

Cloudy. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 20 expected. Cloud cover set to lift as the day progresses.

It's 0702 local time. Just at the airport in the Admirals lounge awaiting our flight to Honolulu.

Comment

Timesheet done and all that

A notification on my phone from the Apple TV tells me the new series of Trucking Hell has arrived in the My5 app!

And a Big Chicken is roasting in the oven, as I took some time out earlier to get it started - it Needs to be Eaten™ so it's a roast dinner tonight, whatever the weather

Speaking of which, it's sunny but not close, possibly because I've had the big windows in the living room ajar for most of the day and all the other windows open too, allowing the very slight breeze to keep the air moving through the place

Comment

The roast Big Chicken dinner was very nice indeed

The car was, I think, a Camaro; a repeat anyway, and largely ignored because I was busy in the kitchen. And I skipped the gold hunters entirely as the food was ready so I put on a new(ish) Traffic Cops to go with it

Comment

Working...
                      X