• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managed to get through to the Brigadoon Chinese takeaway on the first try! Off to collect it soon

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Managed to get through to the Brigadoon Chinese takeaway on the first try! Off to collect it soon
      And extremely nice it was too. They do a really good sweet & sour pork Cantonese style

Comment

Bit of a wait until you manage to get through again.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Construction work 1/3 finished, Eurovision over, TFBSZ.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Bit of a wait until you manage to get through again.
            Indeed. I'm assuming the place reappears more often than once a year, but the frequent difficulty in contacting them suggests that it does only appear on this plane at irregular intervals

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Private Benjamin (1980), starring my sister's former neighbour Goldie Hawn. Quite entertaining

It sparked one of those "Where do I know them from?" moments with the introduction of the character of the Italian-American New Jersey car thief who'd accepted enlistment as an alternative to imprisonment. Turns out she's Toni Kallem, known more recently for playing Angie Bonpensiero in The Sopranos, who runs a car repair business as a front for her husband's mob involvement, then as a way of making a living after he gets whacked by Tony - possibly a subtle nod to her role in this one.

And in looking her up, I found that the lead writer on the film was Nancy Myers, who is of course responsible for The Intern, a film some of you may have noticed I like

After that, a rewatch of Dune (2021), because another one's coming out later in the year so I suppose I ought to have got this one straight in my head in time for that. They're all very pompous in this universe. Also, if they're all so rich, why do they live in such tulipty circumstances? Grand palaces and guards and counsellors and all that, and not a comfy armchair to be seen anywhere about the place

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Awake unbidden due to dream at 05:55. .

Grey.

Misty.

Seems damp but no perceptible precipitation.

Sunless.

Birds shouting their little heads off.

Chilly in here at 16.6 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (down from 1020 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

The bedroom light died this morning. Ho hum. I think it's about 10 years old.

Meanwhile on the 5th of June 2019 NF had been down the dump with some mouse ridden detritus thus missing the beginning of the conversation regarding umbrellas.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 85%.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine. Nice enough.

Lunch: lentil and red pepper soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: last bit of Simon Pegg's DID. I'm old. I didn't recognise any of those.

Freecell score: 94%, running average: 85%.

Tea: the first portion of yesterday's chilli con carne with rice (thankfully it's hot enough), a yellow corner yog, some peach slices, 0.91*1.55 pint of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Motorway Patrol NZ.

Aliens Files Unsealed. More bollox on Blaze.

Spotting with rain.

Nothing to watch.

Freecell score (whilst drunk): 67%, running average: 85%. Managed to avoid punching the wall.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 May 2023, 09:19.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

I seem to have had a good night's sleep and have awoken feeling refreshed thereby

Sunny day out, with Simpsonesque tendencies. It's up to 17°C already and expected to hit 19°, so fairly warm. The barometers are down a bit though, at 1008/1016mB

The journey home after visiting my Mum yesterday back took me right past two Big Sainsburyses, one at each end. I didn't bother stopping to shop at either, telling myself I didn't really need anything, and I could always just pop round the corner to Sainsbury's Local in the week if necessary. On the way to the Chinese last night, I discovered that Sainsbury's Local is closed for refurbishment, re-opening next Friday

Comment

Lunch: a roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) with a bag of crisps (plain)

Bit of a layer of very thin high cloud forming now.

Comment

Morning all (local time 0902)

Sunny and blue skies again. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 24 today.

Not sure what we're doing today. will need to forage for coffee very soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X