• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

No idea what happened there. It's not as if "x" and "u" are even close to each other on the keyboard

I took an executive decision to pop over to both M&S and Sainsbury's to beat at least some of the lunchtime rush. Didn't quite get there in time, but I think I got all I wanted to get

I was the only masked person in both places

And once home, lunch was a couple of bits of Southern not-fried chicken I took out of the freezer last night

The disabled fox was around just before I went out - I got to see it quite close from ground level for a few moments before it went off sniffing through the hedgerow as I was going down to the car

Comment

1 hour til a taxi arrives and takes me to the airport and from there Paris (via Amsterdam).

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I too popped out to the shop! I went to pick up some comestibles with which to feed HWMBO for breakfast. The forecast but non-existent rain decided to appear as I stepped out. It was only a tiny smattering, barely worthy of note.

Lunch was from Kineya Mugimaru - where I picked up some soup for immediate consumption and a rice dish for later.
        Last edited by ladymuck; 5 May 2023, 13:58.

Comment

I popped out again, this time round to the chemist. I've got no idea what's going on over at the health centre, but for some reason somebody there had ordered my repeat prescription on my behalf over a week ago. This was why I couldn't order them myself when I went on the website. I phoned the surgery who explained that yes, the medication had indeed been ordered and should be at the chemist's, but couldn't explain why on earth they'd done that

Comment

I am so bored this afternoon I cleaned the bathroom.

Whilst I am very happy with all the shiny data received that should help me do the data mapping exercise I've been struggling with, I am just not in the right frame of mind to go through it all.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I am so bored this afternoon I cleaned the bathroom.

Whilst I am very happy with all the shiny data received that should help me do the data mapping exercise I've been struggling with, I am just not in the right frame of mind to go through it all.
              Lot of it about. I invented a very straightforward but useful task that would have been quite interesting, but I couldn't summon up any enthusiasm for it. Just dithered all afternoon, really

There's occasional light showers going on here, interspersed with sunshine

For reasons that escape me, there was a broken egg on the lawn this morning. Now there's a broken eggshell, the magpies having discovered and devoured the contents before the pigeons came across it

Comment

On plane 1 with flying visit to lounge (rather nice sweet and sour chicken).

now sat in business class because the plane is full and I’m still one of the most frequent flyers on the plane so get the upgrade.

edit although I’ve just been told there are no business class meals on board due to the last second nature of the upgrade (got to ask who has been added to this flight so late on).

Last edited by eek; 5 May 2023, 16:20.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  On plane 1 with flying visit to lounge (rather nice sweet and sour chicken).

now sat in business class because the plane is full and I’m still one of the most frequent flyers on the plane so get the upgrade.
                  Result.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Result not too bad - there were only 3 200ml bottles of Cava on board and I had 2 of them

Comment

Tea: rack of ribs (with the honey-based BBQ sauce) and chips. Very nice

Comment

Working...
                      X