• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    My Mum's in A&E and soon to be admitted, with her blood sugars through the roof and her ketones a tad higher than they ought to be

Comment

Morning all

Dry and cloudy but quite bright. The ground is damp from what I presume was overnight or early morning rain. According to my weather app it's foggy. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 17 forecast. Cloud cover expected to clear as the day progresses. Barometer up a touch to 1026 mBar.

Today is my last check up of the covid trial. I wonder if it then gets unblinded so I find out whether I did have the real jab or a fake one.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, but mild enough at 10°C with 15° expected later; the barometers are up a little more at 1016/1024mB

The lawn has been quite busy so far: nine pigeons wandering around in a fairly close knit group earlier, and currently (well, a couple of minutes ago) there was a magpie checking things out with a rather stately mien, while a squirrel was scampering around like a mad thing a few yards away across the central flower bed

According to a text received in the early hours while I was asleep, my mother's ketones had started coming down to a more sensible level. With a bit of luck her other stats will also be falling into line by now

Comment

Morning all
          After a big weekend of tidying up the beach house, it's back to relaxing at my desk. Murky out, but dry, which means I should be able to get back to the veg beds this evening.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

^^^ NF's mum.

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Damp.

Chilly in here at 12.8 deg, 15 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1024 mBar, 30.238 in Hg, 768.06 Torr, 14.852 psi, (up from 1023 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 26th of May 2019 there was more mention of robotic vacuum cleaning devices, WTFH went for a walk, and mudskipper went for a swim.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 bus out, shanks' pony back since I couldn't be arsed to wait for the bus back.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Shanks' pony there & back.

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons oak & barley toasted crust, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on 3 slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about something I wasn't innerested in so <click>

TWATO waffling on about something I wasn't innerested in so <click>

It's getting darker & darker out there at the moment with hints of drizzle in the air.

I was rather overdressed for the trip to Tesco so removed some layers for the trip to Morrisons: still overheated.

Walk (slightly abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 85%.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with peas n rice, the last of the peach slices, a corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. It went <click> a lot.

Electricity meter read by a chap who came knocking on the door.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E4 1958 Citroen 2CV. Bought: 4k euros, £3k3, total: £6k3, sold: £10k. Looked nice. Surprised they didn't uprate the engine since they seem to love doing that sort of thing. Didn't even put a K&N air filter on it. . MOT free, taxed until October (presumably also free).

NCIS S19 E8 "Peacekeeper". This ep was not sponsored by the NRA. .

The Repaire Shoppe. Well it's on. Muted. Nothing of innerest at all.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 April 2023, 21:49.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              According to a text received in the early hours while I was asleep, my mother's ketones had started coming down to a more sensible level. With a bit of luck her other stats will also be falling into line by now
              for your mum, let's hope everything keeps moving in the right direction.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The trip to Chelsea and back took exactly as long as I'd planned. Lovely and sunny out now, there was no need for the jacket.

Apparently unblinding and the results will be available at the end of the year once all the data are in and the numbers crunched.

Comment

Links are up

No further updates about my Mum, which tends to mean things have stabilised and they're now waiting for a doctor to decide whether she can go home yet

Comment

A magpie just tried to get in my office window! I heard a fluttering outside and turned round to see it trying to get in. A sharp yell and it flew off. I wouldn't have wanted to try and figure out how to get that out of the house if it had come in.

Last year a little sparrow got itself into the lean-to where all the tools are kept and when I went in there for something it flew out at some speed and straight into the conservatory door. If I'd known it was in there, I would have opened the doors first. It proper knocked itself out. It took about 15 minutes for it to come to and go on its way.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      A magpie just tried to get in my office window! I heard a fluttering outside and turned round to see it trying to get in. A sharp yell and it flew off. I wouldn't have wanted to try and figure out how to get that out of the house if it had come in.

Last year a little sparrow got itself into the lean-to where all the tools are kept and when I went in there for something it flew out at some speed and straight into the conservatory door. If I'd known it was in there, I would have opened the doors first. It proper knocked itself out. It took about 15 minutes for it to come to and go on its way.
                      Everything's turning Hitchcock!

Comment

Working...
                      X