• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permission to swear?

less than 36 hours to go. She’s in pain but hiding it reasonably well.
    We’re in pain but hiding it badly.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Permission to swear?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Permission to swear?

Comment

The car earlier was a WWII Jeep. Sold to a collector of old military vehicles, and clearly never going to get registered for road use in the UK - manually operated windscreen wipers are unlikely to pass an MOT for a start

And the gold diggers were timeshifted while I went to the chip shop, but are continuing to have mixed fortunes

Then S1E5 of Severance which continues to get stranger

And I read a bit more of Ignition!

Goodnight all

Comment

4am today, but then went back to bed at 4.30.

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out today but mild with it - 9°C now, 12° expected later. The barometers are back down somewhat at 992/1000mB. And it's quite breezy at the moment, and expected to continue so until late afternoon

Comment

Meanwhile on Twitter, a quick comment I made on a thread about a 9-year-old girl learning C++ has now garnered over 2,000 likes, which I think must be vastly more than anything else I've ever said on there

Comment

Morning all

Bright but overcast. Damp from overnight rain but no current precipitation. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 13 expected. More rain forecast this evening / overnight. Barometer down to 1009 mBar.

In talking to my brother this morning, apparently not all LNB's are compatible with Freesat boxes, no idea how we find out what dish my Mum has and it's compatibility (is there any info in the Sky box hidden settings?). I received an email from the new broadband / phone supplier to state that the switch is on hold because of a cease on the line. So now I have to phone Sky and try to cancel the cancellation in order to try and switch her properly.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Meanwhile on Twitter, a quick comment I made on a thread about a 9-year-old girl learning C++ has now garnered over 2,000 likes, which I think must be vastly more than anything else I've ever said on there
                    I think I caught sight of that while posting my mickey-taking of the Torygraph who put the phrase "Hunt to abolish pensions" on their live feed of the budget yesterday. I meant to go back to see what the context was but forgot

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      The car earlier was a WWII Jeep. Sold to a collector of old military vehicles, and clearly never going to get registered for road use in the UK - manually operated windscreen wipers are unlikely to pass an MOT for a start
                      Not sure how it applies to something manufactured in 1945, when the usual method of dipping headlights was for the driver's side headlamp to go off completely and a car only required one windscreen wiper.

Was vastly amused by how sunburned MB was in the jeep. He really did need that sunburn cream.

Morning.

Thursday.

Grey.

Wet.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 11.8 deg, 11 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

1001 mBar, 29.5595 in Hg, 750.8117 Torr, 14.518 psi, (down from 1004 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

The recycling engineers made their merry way along the road earlier.

Meanwhile on the 9th of May 2019 the SMC was "safely" ensconced in the garage whence it was nicked though the owner of said garage had apparently gone off on a quest bearing some sort of ring over some mountains of uncertain geography, other than that it was raining, though the sun was out in Swansea the rain probably wasn't very far away.

Raining.

Still raining.

Freecell score in the endless deluge: 80% (it was down to 53% at one stage), runniing average 85%.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It's still still raining, even heavier than before.

The drill batteries are receiving another charge.

Freecell score in the grey ennui of the afternoon: 96%, running aveage: 85% (85.1411%).

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, a yog, some fruit cocktail, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E11: 1996 Nissan Skyline R33: bought: £3k with a new set of wheels, Total: £3655, Sold: £4k5. MOT expired end of March 2013, untaxed since October 2012 & not SORN.

NCIS S7 E1 "Truth or Consequences": the Somalia one.

NCIS S7 E2.

The Movies: 2000 to now. Final ep: Part I of II.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 March 2023, 23:06.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X