• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Damp. No current precipitation.

Blue sky in parts.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 14.9 deg, 16.5 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

1001 mBar,29.5595 in Hg, 750.81 Torr, 14.52 psi, (up from 994 last night), 76% RH.

Wednesday according to accounts.

Back on 23rd Feb 2019 NF watched "Proud Mary (2018)" being a tale of gangsters, while I debated the pros & cons of watching "The Warriors (antedeluvian)" regarding the improvements or otherwise of the Director's Cut over the theatrical version, neither of which achieving much in the way of satisfaction other than spotting Dester's dad in an early role.

In other other news it's pissing down again & the sun's gone.

Lovely full moon last night, though it didn't look particularly orange to me.

And it's pissing down again again.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked, strangely enough it stayed fine and the sun shone for a while.

Trip to town to visit the bank to pay the CC using one of their magic machines and to get some actual cash out since I've spent rather a lot in Lidl(tm) recently.

Followed by a largely irrelevant buying of comestibles in Morrisons since I was close, then on to Wilko to buy a door stop for the bathroom sliding door which has taken on a life of its own since I sprayed teflon bike oil on the mechanism, also bought some 118mm 1200 lumen halogen linear security lamp replacement bulbs. They're really quite expensive but not as expensive as the electricity a 300W halogen uses. .

Lunch: scrambled and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO describing the almost complete lack of a red wave, it being a mere ripple. .

The thing about economics which was on but I can't say I listened to much of it.

The window in the garage seems to have done its leaking thing again with a vengeance. Ho fecking hum. Can't understand it.

Some minor potching in the garage and next door's car port in a vain attempt to tidy stuff up a bit.

Cleared the ash from the garden incinerator and dumped it on the compost heap.

Tea: chicken in white sauce (it didn't explode in the microwave today which was good) with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog or two, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. Naturally enough someone talking sense & being inneresting got cut off "due to time".

Wheeler Dealers S14 E15 1972 Datsun 510 2 door: bought $5k, total $11k9, sold: $20k. Another profit. Looked nice.

Thing on 5Select that's billed as the invention of TV (which was last week) but is, in fact, the invention of the supermarket.

Skin A&E: more pustulent goodness.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 November 2022, 19:07.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny but chilly out after what seems to have been a fairly damp night, judging from the dampness in our and the doctor's back yards. Currently 11°C and not getting any better than 12°; the barometers are back up a bit but still pensive, at 994/1002mB

Comment

Morning all

Dry and sunny. Signs of damp from overnight rain. Clumps of fluff scurrying along while the high level wispy stuff is barely moving. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Barometer up to 1005 mBar.

Comment

More from the solicitor: she's finally been reassured by the management company that they really, truly aren't going to sue anyone about those damn windows. She then says this does not conclude her outstanding enquiries, but I'm pretty certain from what she said yesterday that should have been "does now conclude"

So we're on to the next stage: she claims my Help to Buy ISA money from HMG, which apparently takes up to five working days to come through, and in the meantime she's working out what vast sum to demand from me by way of deposit. Presumably she'll also be demanding money from the mortgage people, and once all those ducks are suitably regimented, we shall be ready to exchange and complete!

In the meantime, I'm playing around trying to work out how to use particle systems in SceneKit, Apple's 3D games API. Their documentation for this is a sorely neglected backwater, so a fair bit of experimentation is required to work out what the few bits of information available actually mean

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with a thick crust of wholemeal. Very tasty, quite peppery

Apparently we're having a Zoom call on Saturday, this time with relatives in the UK. Given that we don't have to worry about time zone nonsense, I have no idea why it needs to be in the morning; some time late afternoon would clearly be better. But there we are

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the meantime, I'm playing around trying to work out how to use particle systems in SceneKit, Apple's 3D games API. Their documentation for this is a sorely neglected backwater, so a fair bit of experimentation is required to work out what the few bits of information available actually mean
              OK, I've got a pyramid sitting on a reflective surface beneath a gloomy sky, with a stream of particles emanating horizontally from its apex in the direction of a nearby sphere. The particles are charged and the sphere is an electric field, causing the stream of particles to be deflected downwards as they approach it. Surprising what you can do in about a hundred lines of code

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

OK, I've got a pyramid sitting on a reflective surface beneath a gloomy sky, with a stream of particles emanating horizontally from its apex in the direction of a nearby sphere. The particles are charged and the sphere is an electric field, causing the stream of particles to be deflected downwards as they approach it. Surprising what you can do in about a hundred lines of code
                Ooh fancy!

Comment

Being bad at shopping I didn't realise until it was too late that I didn't have any ham for my ham and cheese roll. The only option was to open a packet of rather expensive Iberico ham (the sort where it's all beautifully arranged in a circle) and then said to HWMBO, "looks like we're going to have to have a tapas night to use this up"

Comment

It's all getting mildly panicky at work as we have a major reporting release at the end of the month and we still can't do a number of key things.

Well, the product manager left me in charge, so what do they expect?

Comment

And then it all goes zen

Comment

Working...
                      X