• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Chinese tonight, as I went to the chip shop instead

Comment

After a late dog walk, I succumbed and lit the fire.

Now TFBSZ.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No premieres either tonight, but a couple of cracking rewatches, starting with Glengarry Glen Ross (1992) which is as good a condemnation of what capitalism reduces to as you could want

And then yet another rewatch of Downfall (2004). I know I rewatch this one a lot, but I think I picked up on some aspects I hadn't previously noticed, and will be giving that some thought…

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Currently not raining, so we’re off to the beach for a walk.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Raining. Has been for hours, with a token clap of thunder too. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Rain is unlikely to stop any time soon. Barometer down to 1005 mBar.

Got up about 0830 to see if the conservatory was now a swimming pool. It wasn't. I put some water catching devices out in the suspect areas just in case, made a coffee and went back to bed. Now contemplating actually getting up properly.

Comment

Morning.

Wet. Very Wet. Very Very Very Wet.

Torrential.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Sunless.

Colder at 14.6 deg in here, 16 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

997 mBar, 29.44 in Hg, 747.8 Torr, 14.46 psi, (down from 1004 last night), 76% RH.

Just heard a firework go off outside. I wonder if it failed to go off last night.

Sunday.

While in the distant preplague day of 20th Feb 2019 NF had found an essay on Duke Wayne whilst consuming chicken flavoured crisps or crisp flavoured chicken or something, WTFH had some windy wegetable soup stuff, I was playing with thyristors for some odd reason I can no longer even remotely remember, and Churchy was making flashing lights for his little lad using an arduino and a TTL type shift register (though it was probably HC rather than LS).

The breakfast entertainment was Broadcasting House until the toffee nosed twat JRM started spouting.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, a yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade slices of toast, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "It's a fair cop". Food Programme. TWTW which was stunningly tedious with Naughty spouting endless crap about the midterms.

"The Coming Storm": also about the midterms but without Naughty, replaced, instead, by vaious insane Septics who seem to think The Orange One is the 2nd coming.

Walk (abbreviated) walked when the rain ceased briefly.

Tea: some mediocre sausages with bacon & onion gravy, stewed gooseberries & custard, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: an assortment of crap. NZ Motorway Patrol S3 E5.

Salvage Hunters: Classic Cars: GPO Morris 1000 Van. Bought for £8k2, sold for £18,999.

River Hunters: Canterbury: they find a river. Who'd have thunk? Found various bits of WWII crap, bits of bomb, 303 cartridges.

The Repair Shoppe: post office writing bureau, ploughing awards, kid's shoes.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 November 2022, 19:50.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The bed has been stripped and is now airing.

I was a bit cold last night so will swap the 3 tog duvet for the 13 tog when I make the bed later. Now to find somewhere to get the summer duvet washed and dried before I put it away.

The rain has paused. The forecast reckons a thunderstorm will materialise this afternoon.

Comment

The sun made a very brief appearance and now it's raining again.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

It's been rainy but its' cleared up now with some patches of blue sky making an appearance. Not that warm at 11°C, possibly reaching 13° soon, though it'll have to get a move on. And the barometers have absolutely plummeted to 989/997mB

Comment

And croissants with strawberry jam have been consumed

Comment

Working...
                      X