• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Looks like TPD update info is borked again.
    Saying 7.14am today (or something like that)
    7.44 am, NF's post for me

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      It's time sheet and invoice o'clock!

My timesheet for the week has already been approved!

Makes a nice change; she sometimes leaves it until Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        7.44 am, NF's post for me
        That's what I'm getting too

I must look into that; no idea why it's going wrong

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

My timesheet for the week has already been approved!

Makes a nice change; she sometimes leaves it until Wednesday
          I suspect you will discover on Monday that she’s on holiday for the week
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I suspect you will discover on Monday that she’s on holiday for the week
            No, it's because the consultancy has a number of people on placement at ClientGov, and she asked us all to update the consultancy's internal timesheet system today as she has a meeting with the department about money stuff on Monday and wanted to be sure she had accurate figures for time worked in July. So I assume she guessed that I might have done the agency one at the same time, as I had, and figured she might as well get it out of the way

Comment

The car has been a Lamborghini Urraco, a bit out of their usual league, and featuring such exotica as a hydraulic clutch pipe that had a metric thread at one end and Imperial at the other. Currently SORN with no MOT record. But as the guy who bought it arrived in a McLaren, he probably wasn't getting it as a daily driver

Comment

Tea: freshly roasted gammon, with chips, beans and fried eggs

Comment

Tea was a sausage sandwich.

Fixed one of the curtains in the living room. Typical thing whereby the plastic gliders fail over time and the huge heavy drapes then put excess stress on the remaining and, before long, it's just hooked up at two ends. Awkward, unwieldy and frankly not my kind of curtain at all but it's fixed and working properly again.

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was The Batman (2022) which… yeah, no. The good Batman films (those three) embrace the darker aspects of the story but know how to leaven it with lighter stuff. This was just "all the gloomy stuff, all the way". No balance, just miserable storylines for nearly three hours. That's not the way to do it

But at least Edge of Tomorrow (2014) has been upgraded to 4K (and gained subtitles in the process, which often happens with films where some business person was churlish enough to withhold subtitles from the iTunes release but has either forgotten, moved on, or been given a talking to about disability discrimination laws by the studio's lawyers) so that was worth a rewatch

And did I mention I'm rewatching Chernobyl? Because I am. E2 tonight; it really is exceptionally good <- Soviet citizens smoking like chimneys, or maybe like reactor cores

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X