• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Dunno, I've been really lazy about this whole money thing, just joined an umbrella recommended by a few people here. I thought it'd be a less stressful way to start myself contracting
    I'd contract in the past with an umbrella and used to <quiet mode> claim for everything the dispensation allowed </quiet mode> then I went permie, got pissed off, went contracting and set Ltd up in March. Spot on, the only regret is my accoutant. Not happy, but will change that in the new year.

Comment

How rude of me, hello Nick
      Hi Stu

Don't mind me, I'm not really here... I'm hovering on the brink of getting up and going to make some dinner

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Isn't there an initial 5% of the gross that isn't liable for PAYE?
        What time you out to the FMB bar ?

Comment

Nick is only floating around to stop me passing him in the post count total

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            I'd contract in the past with an umbrella and used to <quiet mode> claim for everything the dispensation allowed </quiet mode> then I went permie, got pissed off, went contracting and set Ltd up in March. Spot on, the only regret is my accoutant. Not happy, but will change that in the new year.
            <quiet mode> claim for everything the dispensation allowed </quiet mode>

Oi, HMRC, over here...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              I'm thinking SJD, they seem to get some pretty positive reviews. Plus they own my umbrella so it shouldn't be too painful a move...
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                <quiet mode> claim for everything the dispensation allowed </quiet mode>

Oi, HMRC, over here...
                That was in the past... I've learnt a lot since then

Comment

I might hit 1000 TPD posts tonight
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I'm thinking SJD, they seem to get some pretty positive reviews. Plus they own my umbrella so it shouldn't be too painful a move...
                    Seamless.... but then again it could be a nightmare...
                    SJD et al don't come on here touting do they ?

Comment

Mmmm, my Papa John's half and half Hawaiian and Pepperoni Plus is on its way
                      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                      X