• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky, white clouds.

Warmer in here at 21.1 deg.

1014 mBar, 29.94 in Hg, 68% RH.

Thursday judging by the racket produced by the recycling and waste disposal engineers on their progress along the road.

Up at sparrow fart + 4, which is just the right side of 07:00.

Walk walked.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread x 2, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment in the ennui of the afternoon: NCIS (which reminded me I'd missed the S16 E23 ep on Monday which isn't repeated on Friday unlike all the previous ones).
    The Repair Shop: a Granddaughter clock that's taken a fall down the stairs.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 84% (83.98%).

Tea: another portion of the adequately fiery chilli con carne with rice, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I see from the news that Wally Funk is about to have her dream of spaceflight realised.

One of the Mercury 13.

Entertainment: Discovering Hanoi Jane Fonda on Sky Arts.

Followed by Discovering John Hurt ditto.

Secret Nazi Bases on Yesterday: The flycatcher and the bell. All the usual bollocks really.

Skin A&E at 22:00: UK pustulent goodness, rather prefer Dr Pimplepopper and The Bad Skin Clinic.

The chap on that should have been treated on the NHS.

Trucking Hell at 21:00 on Paramount: interrupted by a suicidal crow.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 July 2021, 21:27.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Feeling a bit better after a very good night's sleep. I woke around half six, realised what time it was, and went straight back to sleep for another hour. Generally speaking, I feel more like I'm getting over rather than have got whatever it is, though still not 100%

There's a bit of wan sunshine poking its nose in, and apparently it may be brighter later. Currently 12°C with a predicted high of 20°, barometers basically the same at 1010/1018mB. But the rain is due back possibly tomorrow and then for the foreseeable future, with a chance of thunderstorms on Sunday

Comment

Been forgetting to put the mundane laundry on since the weekend, but I finally remembered

Comment

Morning all

The sun is doing its best to make an appearance, insofar as a flaming ball of nuclear reactions billions of miles away is consciously trying anything. There's some cloud wafting about and bit of blue sky poking through. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 21 later. Unlikely to rain. Barometer up to 1018 mbar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Smoking in England is banned in all indoor public spaces 2017

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

sell out
            Yep! My job is invoicing

Comment

The bed was stripped this morning and all the linen has been laundered and hung out.

I ought to have some lunch but I'm undecided what that should be. I've had an apple while I think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Yep! My job is invoicing
                I think the issue is that your job isn't solution architecture and sadly mine (at times) is.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I think the issue is that your job isn't solution architecture and sadly mine (at times) is.
                  I have expressed concerns that the solution is not necessarily the right one but, with a company separation in flight and transitional agreements due to end in six months, the quicker option was chosen even though the tech debt is probably going to be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I have expressed concerns that the solution is not necessarily the right one but, with a company separation in flight and transitional agreements due to end in six months, the quicker option was chosen even though the tech debt is probably going to be huge.
                    Oh that puts a different viewpoint on things - do what works for the separation and tech debt can be an issue dealt with later once the separation is complete.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lunch was chicken and barley soup with wholemeal bread. Must remember to put more tarragon than seems sane in that again the next time I make it, as it's really nice

The bell just went, so I popped down, assuming it would be a parcel for somebody. Instead I found a couple of coppers, who politely showed me a name and asked where they might find that person. I said it might be the ground floor back, as it was an Indian name I didn't recognise, and that wouldn't fit anybody else. So they went and knocked on his door, getting no answer.

Then I mentioned that for a few months now, we've occasionally been getting letters from DVLA and others for people who don't and AFAIK have never lived here; they've been in three or four different names, and the one they showed me might have been one of them. They were most interested in that and told me it was very helpful, and went on their way.

So my ongoing suspicion that, for some nefarious reason, dodgy people have been registering cars at this address is probably correct

Comment

Working...
                      X