• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

Lots of snow overnight and more coming down this morning.

It's the light powdery stuff that crunches underfoot rather than the big wet flakes that just go slushy.

2 coffees down, 3rd on the way.

1 Email sent advising Client A that they really shouldn't be using ODBC for direct connections to production databases holding sensitive data.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning

It was cold out.

There was snow on the ground and I saw people running in it.

Guess they want to end up in hospital which isn't a good idea at the moment.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Snow!

It seems a little patchy; I reckon it's been falling, thawing a bit, and falling some more. Currently predicted to continue at a 40-50% probability every hour until this time tomorrow, and there's a very light sprinkling falling now.

Temperature has just soared from -1°C to 0° ("feels like" -6°), pressures 996/1004mB

Comment

I'm braving the great outdoors to go to the post office.

I'm only a month late with this batch as they have to be posted before midday and I usually have lots of meetings on Monday mornings.

Comment

Baltic.
            White everywhere.
            Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.
            Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I'm braving the great outdoors to go to the post office.
              Don't forget your mittens!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

Baltic.
                White everywhere.
                Brrrrrrrrrrrrr14.
                Monday.
                FTFY

Comment

Light snow falling. Sticking in patches but it's mostly just wet on the ground with the odd bit of slush here and there.

Bloomin' cold. I'm going to need better gloves for Antartica.

Comment

Me new little van should turn up soon.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Still snowing very, very lightly but also thawing rapidly - the front garden and path are almost completely free of snow now, and most of the bit of the back yard I can see is too

Comment

Working...
                      X