• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    There were a couple of offences he got told off for

spanking ?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      spanking ?
      No. He'd enjoy that too much!

Comment

Cake cooling on the rack.

Washing up done.

I guess it's time for walkies.

Comment

Bit of gentle exercise bicycling done

It's alternating between a bit cloudy and quite sunny outside. Currently in the first state

And the remains of the Big Chicken are in the InstantPot™ at stage 1 of being turned into zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup - should be ready in about an hour. I'm rather peckish now though, so I might have a bag of crisps or some biscuits

Comment

Added a bit too much water to the InstantPot™ so I'm having to reduce the soup a bit before the second pressure cook can begin

Comment

Walk walked.

Up to the res and back.

The water levell in the res is now a good deal higher than earlier in the week.

Freecell score: 86% running average 83% (83.16%).
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Raining heavily here now, which is nice for the trees

I've just completed the followup survey to the National Library of Scotland thing I did the other week; this one was asking our opinion on the right categories for a dozen or so subjects which they'd allocated to their new top-level categories but which might be better somewhere else.

I generally accepted their categories. I did wonder if Emigration might be better in Society & Politics, but their collection is specifically materials about about historical emigration from Scotland to the New World and suchlike places, so their chosen category of History is a better fit in this case.

I did say the Graphic Novels and Comics collection should be in Literature, because they're planning to put it in Entertainment or some such, and we all know how graphic novel enthusiasts whine if they think they're not being taken seriously

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Added a bit too much water to the InstantPot™ so I'm having to reduce the soup a bit before the second pressure cook can begin
                  On to the final phase now. I seem to have gone a bit mad with the Madras curry powder, meaning this one is going to turn out ultra zingy. There'll be a lot of it too

Comment

Well I never did.

The Lord Chancellor is a Tory from Llanelli, look you, there's tidy then.

A Tory Turk*.

Tea: the last portion of bol out of the freezer with spag, followed by orange segments & custard, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

*A Turk being the local descriptor of an inhabitant of those who "live over the bridge", the bridge in question being the Loughor (Llwchwr) bridge. Glad we've cleared that up. When I started working in 3M I didn't understand WTF they were talking about. Since I live in Neath I'm a "Black".
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I did a walk. Turned up a few random streets that'd I'd not had a nosey at before.

The long-winded route deposited me at Tesco, where I purchased fresh flowers and a bottle of Havana 7 y/o rum as it was on offer.

Just realised I've not really eaten today other than the toast this morning and a couple of digestives. No wonder I'm feeling a bit peckish.

Comment

Working...
                      X