• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popped out to check tyre pressures. A bit low all round but nothing surprising, particularly given that last time I checked was during one of the recent hot spells

Except for the offside rear, which was flat

I'm hoping it's just a poor job by Halfords sealing it up around the beading or whatever it's called; given that the tyre's only been on a few weeks, I'd be seriously annoyed if I've got another puncture

Comment

I need to check my tyre pressures too, and see if it's going to start ahead of my trip to the parentals on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Popped out to check tyre pressures. A bit low all round but nothing surprising, particularly given that last time I checked was during one of the recent hot spells

Except for the offside rear, which was flat

I'm hoping it's just a poor job by Halfords sealing it up around the beading or whatever it's called; given that the tyre's only been on a few weeks, I'd be seriously annoyed if I've got another puncture

Check to see if you've curbed the wheel - if there's bends/dents in the metal, that can cause a leak
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Check to see if you've curbed the wheel - if there's bends/dents in the metal, that can cause a leak
          I've only driven the car about three times since the new tyre was fitted, none of which involved bringing the offside near any kerbs

No sign of any damage to the wheel. I'll keep an eye on it and see how long it stays inflated.

Comment

I remember the brand new tyre that got a masonry nail in it within a week.

The tyre fitter put a tube in it since the nail was near the sidewall.

Which came close to killing me a couple of years later when the valve tore off the tube.

Apparently you're not supposed to put tubes in tubeless tyres unless they're tubeless tyre tubes (yes, there is such a thing).

<thumb slicing hiatus>

Kitchen clock fails to keep time, so took it to bits.

During which I sliced my thumb open.

Ho hum.

Thankfully no arterial bleeding, so no need to call Dexter.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 June 2020, 14:09.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Rain's stopped, though it's still predominantly cloudy. Apparently there's a slight chance of further showers this evening. However… it transpires Sainsbury's have now started opening until ten at night, which raises the possibility of going this evening. On past experience they tend to have got a fair bit of restocking for the next day done by later on, and they're also not very busy then, so there's a chance of less queuing and fewer of the peasantry having the effrontery to breathe in my presence

Comment

Finally remembered to take the laundry out of the WM.

I do dislike leaving things in the WM longer than necessary.

Comment

Fantastic curry from these lot last night: Saffron Express | Saffron Express, Prestwich,Takeaway Order Online

Can well recommend if you're ever in the area, e.g. Parklife or Festwich next year.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Tea: chilli con carne and rice, orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Timeless S2 E6: "The King of the Delta Blues" which I can't remember anything about so it must be inneresting.

At 22:00 on BBC4 it's "Chasing the Moon" wherein the septics get to the Moon.

Whatever stuff is to be found in the extras of "Frequency (2000)".

Sapphire & Steel S3 E3 & 4.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just done my first bit of ExchangeOnline powershell administration. Had to turn off the crappy Cortana "round up" bolloxy emails Microsoft decided everyone needs to receive.

What's wrong with an opt-in to this crud?

Comment

Working...
                      X