• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Entertainment: Mad Max 2.
    And so it transpired.

More FF employed since I got a bit bored with the chase.

It was ok in its 1981 sort of way.

Seems a long time ago now.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Now watching BBC Four - Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema as a new series has just started.
    I found it was moderately inneresting if you're into superhero films, though I'm not.

There's a copy of Spiderman somewhere or other which hasn't been watched yet despite being purchased from Woolies back in the day.

In other news, the wind is rising.

In other other news, the Freecell score was 84% this afternoon, running average 83%.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 March 2020, 22:21.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      polis shut us down after an hour 'cos of noise.

so now it's rioja time.

what an hour though.
      'the final countdown' was the clincher. the windaes wur rattlin'

four pints and a courtesy bottle of JD later <take away, i've got it here>, and i'm feckin jacobs.

i keep saying i'm too old for this, but i just can't stop.

feck it.

Finish as you mean to go on

Comment

I went and left the bedroom window open again. It’s down to 11°C in there

Lovely fresh air though

And it soon warms up again if I leave the door open.

Comment

Landlady of my local has just dropped off a 4 pint contained of one of my favourite ales. She had emailed the village earlier about closing tonight, I’d replied that we were self-isolating.
          Sent her a text message after she had left it to ask how much I owed, turns out it’s on the house.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Landlady of my local has just dropped off a 4 pint contained of one of my favourite ales. She had emailed the village earlier about closing tonight, I’d replied that we were self-isolating.
            Sent her a text message after she had left it to ask how much I owed, turns out it’s on the house.
            Excellent!

Comment

Tonight’s post-apocalyptic viewing started with the sequel to 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later (2007). I didn’t like it very much. The story was OK, but there were quite a few scenes of unnecessary gore. I mean, given the premise of the films, there’s going to be gore; you know that when you walk in the door. But in this one, there were times when they just seemed to think “Let’s stick some gore in here, we haven’t had any for a bit” or “Let’s do some really disgusting gore, that’ll shock them” which isn’t how it’s done. They got this right with the first one, so I’m not sure why they got it so wrong this time around. Anyway, I’d give it Not Very Good out of 10

And that put me right off dystopian stuff, so I turned to a rewatch of Ocean's Eleven (2001). I still suspect there are a few holes in the plot here and there, but overall it’s a good, clean, fun heist/caper movie and I enjoyed it

Finally, back to dystopia but without the zombies and plagues and what have you; just the powers that be, thank you ma’am. Some time last year, or possibly even the year before, I watched the first episode of The Night Of (TV Mini-Series 2016), an HBO miniseries about a young New York Muslim guy of Pakistani heritage getting caught up in the NY “justice” system. As I recall I enjoyed it, but somehow never carried on with the rest of the series. So as I’d forgotten it, I started again with the first episode, and I reckon (again, probably) that it’s very good indeed, and I shall pursue it more diligently to its conclusion this time

Goodnight all

Comment

morning.

well, the world doesn't appear to have ended just yet.

CBSWFB in shutdown sarf herts.

i ache all over and my heads full of wool.

must've ate a bad bag of crisps last night.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

morning.

well, the world doesn't appear to have ended just yet.

CBSWFB in shutdown sarf herts.

i ache all over and my heads full of wool.

must've ate a bad bag of crisps last night.
                  Those crisps can be dodgy!

Comment

Morning all
                    Lovely day out, apart from the hooligans on bikes who don’t have any sense of respect or responsibility.
                    1. They are picking up and spreading viruses.
                    2. If they fall off and require treatment due to them being so selfish to not care about the NHS, then they are taking up beds that should be for sick people.
                    3. They don’t care about anyone else.

Stay home. Don’t engage in risky activities that could lead to you spreading CV-19 or taking up urgent hospital beds. Respect the NHS.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Weather - sunny, 6 degrees - but staying in

Breakfast - Bran Flakes, Coffee

Linner - Papa Johns pizza

Church Notes - postponed at the church, said they would do Zoom VC, but cannot, oh well God will have to wait !!!

MrsAG - WM Coloureds, Ironing

Covid19 - Me OK, MrsAG little cough and sneeze

Hand Washed - 5 inc shower
                      Married

Comment

Working...
                      X