• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dog still sick so off to the vets again shortly. We now have to call them when we arrive in the carpark and they will call us in when the vet is ready. No hanging around in the waiting room.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all
      The Wife (tm) is doing an emergency drill today at a hospital in Somerset, so I’m working from Dorset and will drive home tonight.
      Clear blue skies, calm sea, the view round Lyme Bay is stunning.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

morning

CBS and KB in sunny sarf herts

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Morning all

Dog still sick so off to the vets again shortly. We now have to call them when we arrive in the carpark and they will call us in when the vet is ready. No hanging around in the waiting room.
          Hope the pooch gets better soon!

Comment

Morning All

Weather - Cold and frosty at 6:30am, sunny now 4 degrees

Breakfast - Bran Flakes / Crunchy nut combo, OJ, Coffee, Toast

Lunch - Sausage, Mash, Onion Gravy

Covid-19 Status - Healthy

Hand Washes - 4

TP Count - 10
            Married

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Morning all

<-doggy from Millie
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Hope the pooch gets better soon!
                Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                <-doggy from Millie
                Thanks both. They are keeping her in for 24 hours as she's starting to get dehydrated. Blood and pee tests and monitoring while she is there.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, as the high cloud in the east is driven out by scenic white fluffiness from the west

Still only around 8°C though.

I awoke to a text from the GP’s surgery saying we can no longer make appointments at the reception desk - everything has to be done by phone. Makes me wonder why I bother living next door to them

I now suspect that the whole SARS-CoV-2 thing has been started by the Guild of GP’s Receptionists as the culmination of their master plan to solve the “Patient Problem” once and for all

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Will that change when we switch to BST? The lights at the front of my building go off at 2200 during GMT and 2300 when we are on BST. The latter time being far too late for my liking.
                    I don’t know; I’ll report back when the needful happens

Depends on whether the misconfigured time switch has the ability to synchronise with an NTP server I suppose.

In fact the shop is in two parts, occupying the corner sites either side of the junction, and the lights in the further part stay on throughout, which is why I assume the lights in the nearer part are only going off because someone messed up. And, of course, the people who work there probably have no reason to ever come near the place at night, so they wouldn’t be aware of it

Comment

Oh, lurgy update: after a slight resurgence yesterday, my temperature is now close to normal; probably within the range of natural variation and the dubious accuracy of the cheapest thermometer off Amazon

Comment

Working...
                      X