• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    The walk was curtailed earlier by a very heavy shower.
    Looks like the ski trip is going to be cancelled. 1/3 of the area is now closed as it’s in a different region of Italy to the rest of it. Only a matter of time until they close the rest.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Re-reading my posts from the last few days I'm tempted to change me avatar to but I suspect it would change peoples opinion on what I write.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        All the local Chinese places around here give them away. Never had a takeaway that didn't come with them. Our usual place has a big box of them behind the counter, already bagged up so they just grab a bag and chuck it in when they hand over your order.
        The Chinese we usually go to doesn't give them away and I don't think they ever have.

Other local ones do but they aren't as good..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Morning all
          The walk was curtailed earlier by a very heavy shower.
          Looks like the ski trip is going to be cancelled. 1/3 of the area is now closed as it’s in a different region of Italy to the rest of it. Only a matter of time until they close the rest.

Italy panicing for no good reason. Cov19 will spread anyway. Those at risk need to self-isolate. You are in the peak of health so no worries. I wish I could say the same about your singing....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Re-reading my posts from the last few days I'm tempted to change me avatar to but I suspect it would change peoples opinion on what I write.
            Really? Are CUK posters stupid?

Oh yes I get your point.

Maybe I need an avatar so my posts don't seem quite so mind-numbingly tedious....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              The Chinese we usually go to doesn't give them away and I don't think they ever have.

Other local ones do but they aren't as good..
              We usually go out day before mothers day(cheaper). But these days MrsBP and I hate going out. So we will get a takeaway. It will be the local chinese which is superb. So I shasll try to remember to report.

There again at my age I will probably forget. Or be dead from cov19....

Comment

Anyone else getting fed up that every news program tells you to wash your hands? It is getting SO boring....

Comment

Nice and sunny here after overnight storms. Will go for a walk in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Very rainy now too

Yes, that’s the problem: the player is perfectly capable of remembering where in the disc you were, which works for DVDs that are just data, and some Blu-rays that are also just data. The problem with Blu-rays that incorporate their own software written in Java is that the Java software supplants the player’s own firmware for the whole process of playing back the disc, rather than just doing the fancy menus and so on. So the player’s firmware never even gets informed about where the disc was when you stopped it, and the Java software that took over those duties is restarted from scratch every time you put the disc in so can’t remember where you were; it has no access to the non-volatile memory in which the player’s firmware stores such information.

It’s all very badly designed, presumably because it was designed with input from the studios’ marketing departments saying “We want to put our own fancy branding on the menus!” and no input whatsoever from the users of the damn things, who just want to pick up where they left off and needed nothing more than a “Play Film” button on the menus in the first place
                    Thanks for that.

It's like the region nonsense that means I have two* dvd players, one region free and the other region 2.

*There's actually 3, but the first region free dvd was a pice of crap and died after playing "Heaven's Gate". Then again, I knew how it felt. I've never seen horses blown up in a film before.

Morning all

Slept quite well so remained in my pit until 09:10 or so, prior to which we had some sort of extreme murrain of beasts with raindrops so large I though the slates were cracking.

Undry.

Uncalm.

Grey.

Sky looks very odd, a sort of shiny grey.

Windy, it's howling in the chimney.

Not currently precipitating.

Sunless, though it's quite bright really.

The Leg complained quite a lot once I decided to get up.

I suppose the ibuprofen gel, the pills and assorted other stuff are doing sommat, the impressive colouration seems to be subsiding a bit.

Roast beef for lunch once I stir my sticks to start preparing it.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

quite sunny with ominous looking clouds

Comment

Working...
                      X