• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raining.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Raining.
      Blue Sky - would be tempted to go out but too much to do - which is why I'm here instead.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Blue sky in Manchester today.

Which is novel.

Still a bit chilly though.

Comment

On random purchases made because it seemed a good idea.

Eek twin 1 broke her saxophone so she needs a new one and we are waiting for the insurance to pay out.

Someone on Shpock has a professional one they are selling for relative peanuts - so I've bought it as Shpock seem to have a buyer guarantee. Let's see what turns up and how it works.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            On random purchases made because it seemed a good idea.

Eek twin 1 broke her saxophone so she needs a new one and we are waiting for the insurance to pay out.

Someone on Shpock has a professional one they are selling for relative peanuts - so I've bought it as Shpock seem to have a buyer guarantee. Let's see what turns up and how it works.
            Hopefully it only works a long way from you?

Still, can't be worse than WTFH singing....

Comment

In the small hours of the morning this epic is being screened on Talking Pictures:

The First Traveling Saleslady (1956) - IMDb

Remarkable only for the presence, albeit briefly, of one Clinton Eastwood, who was the grand old age of 26 at the time.

An even earlier classic:

YouTube

From the first time 3D was considered A Good Idea.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 March 2020, 13:00.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Good afternoon all!

Daily Report
                ########

Location - Worcester

Weather - Grey and Windy. The odd shower and seagull tulipe!

Parish Notes - The Russians are here. Crawling all over their new hardware that's currently sat in the yard. Demonstration of control software currently underway - I wrote it, I'm sure as hell not going to demo it! The Russians seem pleased, they're going to need a very big truck - several big trucks - if they want to take the hardware away with them...

I think I've got a cold.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Lunch was a very unsatisfactory salad from the canteen.

Unsatisfactory because I didn't know what I wanted for lunch, and nothing on offer inspired.

Should have just bought crisps and chocolate.

If anyone's bored, at 2pm there's a conference call at ClientCo about coronavirus planning - targeted at "external colleagues" so unlikely to be juicy.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day here, and still only 6°C

No rain forecast, though.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      It's never been a favourite film of mine.

It's a bit turgid all in all, as is indicated by the number of times I stopped it to look sommat up on the interweb.

Turns out all the guns are totally anachronistic, particularly the 1917 .45ACP revolver.
                      Post #323232 - not a pali, but pleasing repetition

Comment

Working...
                      X