• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Non-stop action here as a pigeon flies down from next door’s chestnut tree into our front garden, then wanders around the gravel for a bit, pecking at odd bits in a desultory manner.
    Shame our cats weren't around. One of them even makes bird noises when she sees a bird....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      This evening I have watched another Time Shift episode. This time about the building of the first Severn Bridge. A marvellous feat of engineering.
      Which channel was that on? Is it on catch up?

Comment

This evening I have watched another Time Shift episode. This time about the building of the first Severn Bridge. A marvellous feat of engineering.
        Century

Comment

No word yet from BR14? Maybe he forgot to take any Internet with him?
          That has saved some whining....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Just had one of those calls where the end result was:-

1) why did you think I might be interested in helping you out doing that work for that rate of pay?
            2) while I wasn't planning to do consultancy myself I couldn't be worse than that lot....
            Wipro?
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              That has saved some whining....
              If I wanted whining I would talk to my ex-wife.

Comment

Maybe you need a massage from a nubile young lady
                Does she have to be nubile?

Comment

Back in tpd real-time. Will not last long....

Comment

Raining out now. It missed a trick though, as I just popped over to the hardware store to get a new bulb for the kitchen, and it remained dry throughout my excursion

And the kitchen now has electric light again
                    You bought only the one?

Surely another was needed for stock in case the new one lasts mere seconds.

EverReady light bulbs, I'm looking at you, you useless pieces of crap.

MTTF of 8 bulbs from the same batch: 10 seconds (at a generous estimate).
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Wipro?
                      Nope - a small local firm that is currently seeing their current markets dying and wish to move.

Downside is their rates don't make sense and if I wanted to do what they need me to do I would be better doing it myself.

The thing is I probably could do it now as the coding side of things I needed to do is almost done so I'm thinking about it - it all comes down to needing staff though so let's see if I can find staff.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X