• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning

misty here too.

Comment

Morning all

Survived another night to find the Today programme taken over by a babe in arms.

Thank feck one can turn the wireless off.

Dry, currently.

Grey, very very grey.

White sky.

Still warmish but not as warmish as it was, so a cooler sort of warmish than the warmish warmish of recent days.

Hope that's clear.

I ought to run the vac over the house but strangely enough I really can't be arsed.

I think I'll go for a walk to gee myself up a bit.

Dear deity, I really do hate this time of year.

Who'd have thunk that the Radio Times could possibly cost £4.95?

TV Times is now £2.20.

'Tis all madness, I tells you, madness.

No good shall come of this.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Doing a good job is what keeps 'em coming back
      Aha! So that's wot I've been doing wrong.

Bought a book back in late October that has a map in it that shows exactly where Fabian's house was in Swansea.

Hours of searching on the interweb thing failed to turn up this vital fact.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 December 2019, 09:41.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

The forecast last night was that today would be sunny and comparatively warm. The implementation is uniformly grey overcast, though dry, and 6°C

Oddly, the weather app still insists that it’s “Mostly sunny” out there. There literally isn’t a single break in the flat grey cloud extending to the horizon in all directions

Comment

some vaguely blue patches appearing now.
          and a strange light in the sky.
          what does this mean?, i ask myself.

Comment

Lots of blue sky up in Manchester

still a bit chilly mind you was only 3 degrees when I got out of the car - although that was at 7.30 before the sun came up

but it's still pretty frosty so I imagine it has not got much warmer.

I'll check if I go for a smoke later

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Morning all
              The fog/low cloud is burning off here and the view out my office window is starting to look good

Update: The fog/low cloud is closing in again.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

CBS and king billy in sunny sarf herts

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Very sad at the news of the great Neil Innes dying

Comment

Lovely sunny day out there, so I've celebrated by sitting here watching the last 50 minutes of the commentary on Neverwhere.

It wasn't strikingly inneresting.

Lunch was tinned spaghetti with little sausages (which tasted slightly different from the little sausages found in baked beans) on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast (crust).

It was as mildly indifferent as one might have expected.

Followed by a beetroot sandwich and a bramble jelly sandwich, finally rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The freecell score was 62%.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X