• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now we're off to the eastern front & the Italian/Austran front in the Alps.

What tremendous fun our forebears had.

10,000 feet up an alp killing each other.

Oh, jolly dee, now we have the Russians having a pogrom.

Bastards.

It's all madness.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 December 2019, 21:38.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      sod it

Nice pali!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        In the Chinese
        And very nice it was, as always

They seemed busy enough. Presumably the delivery driver hadn’t driven into a flood this week

Comment

Tonight’s Bond première was Licence to Kill (1989) which was… well, pretty good actually! Much less inanity, much grittier action, and parts of the plot even made some sense

Apparently lots of people didn’t like it much when it first came out, and apparently that was because it wasn’t as inane as expected and had a lot of fairly heavy action. In other words, they didn’t like all the things that made it much better than the previous few. Which just goes to show that a lot of people are idiots with terrible taste who are happy to be spoon-fed the same old rubbish over and over again, so you should make good stuff for its own sake rather than producing garbage because of what a focus group thinks they’d probably like

And after that, I continued the spy theme with a rewatch of Atomic Blonde (2017). I really like this one; great plot, great soundtrack, and great cinematography. The use of bold, starkly contrasting colours in many scenes is excellent, though I’m not sure I could handle living in one of those rooms with the weird lighting that work so well as sets for this

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            sod it

Comment

Morning all

Baby BP wants to go to Smyths at 10am. To get more caps. That should annoy the cats for a while.....

Comment

Dug out guitar again. Umpteenth time in 50 years I've attempted to play it. Daresay I'll give up again in a few days.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Greyish with a white sky.

No current precipitation.

Warm. 18 deg in here this morning.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning
                    brighter today.
                    off out for lunch with an old mate and family later.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Dug out guitar again. Umpteenth time in 50 years I've attempted to play it. Daresay I'll give up again in a few days.
                      Can you persuade WTFH to give it up too?

Comment

Working...
                      X