• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for lunch. My brother was all “I’ll be there for lunch at 11, I don’t want to have it later, I want to head back home” and now it’s nearly noon and there’s still no sign of him

Meanwhile, I skipped breakfast because lunch was going to be so early…

Comment

Lunch, in full on Xmas spirit mode, was baked bean on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, plus a beetroot sandwich and 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

All very nice, without the necessity of waiting for anyone.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

lunch was duck pancake rolls and salmon and ginger fishcakes.
        with sweet chilli sauce.
        and a nice chablis.

and very nice, too.
        especially after clearing all that horsesh1t up.

Comment

Home!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            lunch was duck pancake rolls and salmon and ginger fishcakes.
            with sweet chilli sauce.
            and a nice chablis.

and very nice, too.
            especially after clearing all that horsesh1t up.

Lunch was / is a mix of Bahji's Pakoras and other indian bits thrown in the oven for 15 minutes and eaten with a big dollop of mint yogurt. And a can of pop.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The Polish café people must be having the day off

Picture framing guy is working though.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Waiting for lunch. My brother was all “I’ll be there for lunch at 11, I don’t want to have it later, I want to head back home” and now it’s nearly noon and there’s still no sign of him

Meanwhile, I skipped breakfast because lunch was going to be so early…
                Lunch, eventually, was a hot roast beef sandwich - a nice two-rib joint our Mum roasted

And she gave me the bones, along with more of the meat, to bring back. So now the bones are in the pressure cooker with some sacrificial veg and a bit of thyme, to make a gravy with which to have the rest of the beef later

Comment

I also have a large bottle of Scotch (Grant’s triple wood) because of their neighbour who can never remember that my Mum doesn’t drink at all, while my Dad has a pint, or two at most, if he goes out for lunch but never touches spirits. This year he gave them the Scotch for my Dad and a bottle of gin for my Mum, so I’ve got the Scotch and my brother took the gin

I don’t actually drink Scotch very much myself TBH, but I’m more likely to than they are

Might have one now, just to see what it’s like…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Picture framing guy is working though.
                    Probly bored tulipless like the rest of us.

92% in the Freecell thing.

Still at 82% running average.

And despite the gloom the walk got walked.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just changed the bed, as a little treat for myself when I crash out tonight

Still haven’t tried the Scotch. Might leave it till I’ve had dinner.

Comment

Working...
                      X