• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I hope BR14 is okay? I suppose it is less than 24 hours. I suspect some sort of family trouble. Or he is on a huge bender.....
    thank you for your concern, bit fraught here ATM.
    normal slagging off, and general jockinese humour will be resume
    ASAP

happy whatever you celebrate peeps.

got some lamb to attend to.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      ASAP

he lives!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Bah!
        Humbug!

Are there no workhouses*?

Are there no prisons?

Bah!
        Humbug!

*No. There's the remains of one up the road a bit but they were abolished in 1930 about the same time as the Empire began its final decline.
        Man after me own heart! Strangelove sounds in tune with me too, do you fancy hedgehogs as well? Anyway. Seasonal humbugs to you!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Bah. Eldest son is ill, or so he says (maybe just excuse to avoid visiting me, I can understand that). So, first Christmas on me own for... dunno, ever I think.

At least I've got me little puppet parrot and some xmas pud.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Bah. Eldest son is ill, or so he says (maybe just excuse to avoid visiting me, I can understand that). So, first Christmas on me own for... dunno, ever I think.

Have a good one! At least you won’t have any arguments about what to watch

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Thanks for the heads up. I'll have her back by then.
              She had her head up your arse? How is their space with your own head permanently up your own arse?

Luckily I insisted she wash properly before serving lunch. And very nice it was too.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Nice dinner for lunch; I won’t bother detailing the ingredients as you can probably guess
                Greggs sausage rolls and something from the Chinese?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  ASAP

So that lump of horse manure I dumped down the road from your place did not have the desired effect.

You have a fraught automatic telling machine?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Next year you can invite DrS around. He hates people being on their own for Christmas and loves to spread the good cheer of the season. You could give him tips on washing machine repairs.....

Comment

Tea was roast turkey with chestnut stuffing, roasties, boilies, sprouts, cabbage, roast onion, followed by Xmas pud and custard

or rather it was the last of Sunday's roast beef with that carrots & onions thing I do (thanks largely to Strangelove Mater).

It was very nice, being about the right consistency with just a jot too much hot smoke paprika.

Followed by a Morrisons individual Xmas pud with custard (made with granulated brown sugar which makes it go a fairly odd colour all in all but tastes more or less the same).

Now enjoying 500ml of Good Glengettie Tea with the remaining 505ml waiting for my attention in a moment.

The freecell score today was 92%, with the running average being 82%.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X