• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a very merry undirected Bah! Humbug! to you all.

The evening's entertainment was The Dresden Files S1 (there was never a S2) E4, 5, & 6, interspersed with a bit of a thing on PBS about the wonders of American Aviation in the 50s & 60s.

I watched the bit I hadn't seen before, then went back to Harry Dresden.

Maybe I'm in a better mood (unlikely), but today's eps seemed rather better than yesterday's.

I suppose I'll finish it off tomorrow, then there's Smiley's People to enjoy later.

I'm pleased to say that chicken & turkey are not on the menu for tomorrow.

Nor goose, nor guinea fowl.

I wonder if whoever was doing the shooting on the marsh managed to get a duck or two.

I'm a bit upset about that since I rather like the ducks.

Strangelove grandfather was a butcher and sometimes ordered rather too many turkeys.

According to Strangelove Pater this sometimes meant eating turkey for a goodly part of January until they got too green to be going on with. (No refrigeration back in those distant days of the 20s & 30s).
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 December 2019, 23:35.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Happy Christmas TPD!

Comment

Having watched Die Hard the other night I was casting about for another Christmas movie to watch, and settled on Lethal Weapon (1987). It’s OK, but TBH it’s showing its age rather now; I also suspect a lot of its success back in the day came from the teenage boy audience.

Better get some sleep as my brother is picking me up for the journey south for Christmas tomorrow.

Goodnight all

Comment

Merry Christmas
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Happy wotsits and all that.

Comment

Bah!
              Humbug!

Are there no workhouses*?

Are there no prisons?

Bah!
              Humbug!

*No. There's the remains of one up the road a bit but they were abolished in 1930 about the same time as the Empire began its final decline.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 December 2019, 09:14.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Top of Christmas morning to you, denizens

Sunny start here

Only about 4°C though, and a heavy dew.

Comment

My brother will be here about 11, so I have one hour twenty minutes to get my act together

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Happy Christmas TPD!

Comment

Boys now playing call of duty.

Last episode of Christmas Carol on BBC was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                      X