• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having finished with "Tinker Tailor" we then progressed to "The Dresden Files" dvd #1, E1, 2, 3, & 4, & the commentary on 4 which was the first ep they shot after the pilot which was re-edited and appears as E8.

It was ok, again not as amusing as memory might suggest.

The funny thing about the commentary was the assumption that there was to be a S2.

Almost as amusing as a similar comment about S3 of "Joan of Arcadia".

Count not thy seasons before they are hatched.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight’s viewing has been S4E9 of Spiral/Engrenages

It has to be said, the series seems hell bent on depicting the entire French legal system as utterly incompetent in every way

Goodnight all

Comment

MrsBP has been shopping. Twice. She forgot some essentials. Including shaving gel.

Comment

Morning all if morning it might be said to be

Dark.

Very dark.

Dreary.

Very dreary.

Wet.

Very very wet.

Grey. Oh so grey.

Tuesday.

Brief rumble of thunder in the distance.

Bored.

Now.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 December 2019, 09:51.

Comment

Morning denizens

Rained a fair bit last night, but it’s clearing up now with traces of blue sky starting to appear

And it’s as warm as it seems to get out there at the moment, at 8°C

Comment

Grey. Wet. Grey. Wet.

Rinse & repeat.

Still.

Bored.

Now.

Hope it's dry tomorrow so at least I can go for a nice long walk.

Comment

Sainsbury’s was pretty much the same, or maybe a bit busier
                I went there yesterday, was in a bit of a panic. Have I got all I need for Christmas? Have I? Dunno why, when xmas is only a couple of days, but felt as if the apocalypse was coming and I'd be trapped underground for years.

That would make a good horror story. Trapped in a world of carol singing and bloody family parties for decades.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

So bored I just cleaned & waterproofed the shoes and boots.

The cheapjack Chinese boots are damp inside.

I'll have to buy something a bit more substantial shortly so one pair can dry out while the other pair is used.

Still.

Bored.

Now.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    I went there yesterday, was in a bit of a panic. Have I got all I need for Christmas? Have I? Dunno why, when xmas is only a couple of days, but felt as if the apocalypse was coming and I'd be trapped underground for years.

That would make a good horror story. Trapped in a world of carol singing and bloody family parties for decades.
                    Hope you got your seventeen loaves of bread to see you through the shops being shut for approximately thirty-six hours!

The local paper, having long since given up on anything that could be described as journalism, has sent its interns out to report on the busyness of the shops. They found that people were queuing out the door of Pandora in the out-of-town retail park at nine this morning. There’s a photo and, to nobody’s surprise, all the customers who inflicted this needless misery on themselves by leaving it so late are middle-aged men

If only they sold overpriced charm bracelets in the 24 hour petrol station

Comment

DD is off to her mother's for Christmas. So we had Christmas for her a day early. And I got presents from her!

A book(Lee Child latest). A reading light. A book of soduku puzzles. And a railway magazine which discusses the demise of Virgin trains.

Baby BP tracking Santa on NORAD.

Comment

Working...
                      X