• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

<maybe i should post less in tpd, - i'm being attacked for it by the ultimate AssHole, and his plastic paddy chum. scary, so it is. frightened i am>
    Yes, you could feck orff and leave the drivelling to the pros (Brillo).

Comment

I've always wondered - how does one make precisely 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea?

Comment

WTFH - when are you going to pull the trigger on the latest tedious West Country sockie now that you've publicly shamed him?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
          WTFH - when are you going to pull the trigger on the latest tedious West Country sockie now that you've publicly shamed him?
          Or wield the banhammer, whichever analogy turns you on.

Comment

Evening all

It's been grey and wet all day here. Not much to report - Mrs CB has a stinking cold and the CovKids have been crazy all day after a breakfast of Maltesers. Thankfully the planned (partial) cleaning of their bedroom happened enough to make it functional, but in return they've trashed the front room.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              so you waited longer than usual?
              Faster than usual, if anything. The only delay was due to the cook being so busy texting on her phone that she hadn’t noticed that an order had come in until the front-of-house lady went in the back and loudly castigated her (a mode of communication for which whatever Chinese language they speak seems extremely well suited)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Tea this evening is chili con carne (big pan of currently cooking on the stove) with rice and one of those nice little Xmas puds from Morrisons to follow, with custard.

All to be rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.
                And so it transpired, though I was a little heavier on the chili powder than usual.

I've always wondered - how does one make precisely 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea?
                The 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea is achieved by filling the little stainless steel teapot to a given mark which achieves the desired result of two mugs of tea.

The evening's televisual entertainment was predicated on S5 E20, 21, & 22, plus the special bits & pieces of Angel.

E20 may be regarded as filler, it advanced nothing and supposedly had Buffy knocking off The Immortal in Italy.

SMG did not appear.

E21 & 22 finished the series off reasonably well.

I'd forgotten an amazing amount of it all.

Very sad that Andy Hallett (Lorne the green demon) popped his clogs 5 years later due to a heart infection he acquired due to ignoring a missing dental filling during E22.

He was 33.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 December 2019, 22:40.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea is achieved by filling the little stainless steel teapot to a given mark which achieves the desired result of two mugs of tea.
                  Sheer genius, my dear chap.

Comment

And so it transpired, though I was a little heavier on the chili powder than usual.
                    To be followed by an unfortunate effect on the StrangeloveDigestionSystem?

Comment

To be followed by an unfortunate effect on the StrangeloveDigestionSystem?
                      I wouldn't expect one but over the next few weeks the remaining portions will fester in the freezer and by the 3rd week of Jan should be up to ring stinging strength.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X