• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For tea tonight, M&S chunky battered haddock (or it might have been cod, I can’t remember) with M&S crinkle-cut chips, and beans. It’s a winning combination

Comment

steak pie, chips and peas for dinner.
      with HP sauce as a nod to the laid up brillo

and a nice rioja.

was in the local earlier.
      amateur friday in full swing.
      halfwits in xmas jumpers filling the pub up, drinking half pints of granny toadsucker's old atrocious warm pish, and getting in the way of regular, professional lager drinkers.
      still, won't see 'em again 'till next year, feckwits.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Comment

Vintage TV is showing "Peeping Tom (1960)" which was one of the last films of Michael Powell.

Peeping Tom (1960) - IMDb

Angel S5 E16, 17, 18, & 19 have been watched.

Tomorrow should see the end of it.

Dunno what to watch next, I suppose I'd better wend my way through Joan of Arcadia S2 if only to get my money's worth.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              You managed last week and your head must have been even sorer after the CUK do
              Sore head not likely to be too bad.

Only had three cocktails in Rockwell by Trafalgar Square followed by half a bottle of wine with dinner at The Oystermen in Covent Garden and a post-prandial cocktail in The Alchemist St Martin's.

Oh how we laughed when we saw that our bill at The Oystermen was exactly the same as at Rockwell....

Comment

6.35am, up and dressed. Still dark outside but I’m about to put my ski boots on for one last run. Head torch is ready.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Vintage TV is showing "Peeping Tom (1960)" which was one of the last films of Michael Powell.

Peeping Tom (1960) - IMDb
                  That’s a great film, which I haven’t watched in many years. I have it on a DVD which I never watched before I got around to buying it on Blu-ray, which I’ve also never watched I’ll add it to my Christmas schedule

Tonight’s first film here was The Raid 2 (2014), being the sequel to The Raid, which isn’t called The Raid 1 for reasons related to Queen Elizabeth I. It’s pretty good, but it lacks the thing that made the first one so good, to wit, the utterly basic plot: “We’re going to fight our way up this tower block because the bad guys are at the top.” There were various side stories, all good, but that was it, and that was all that was needed. This one has a fairly complicated plot and a bunch of great set pieces, and that’s not the same, and not as good

After that, I reluctantly allowed myself to be sucked into the spirit of the “season” with a festive film full of merriment and joy: Die Hard (1988). It’s what Christmas is all about

And finally a bit more of S5 of The Wire: E6 The Dickensian Aspect (TV Episode 2008) and E7 Took (TV Episode 2008). I know it’s some kind of standing joke for the bourgeoisie but is it really the case that intelligent people like McNulty (in the first season, or series) and Kima Greggs (in E7) are incapable of following the instructions to put together a bit of IKEA furniture? It isn’t exactly hard

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Peeping through the gap in the curtains there's a bit white fluffy cloud brightly illumined by sunlight.

Down here, somewhat less so.

Hints of blue sky.

Comparatively warm at 18.1 deg in here this morning.

No current precipitation.

I believe it to be Saturday since the Today prog started at 07:00 and was preceded by some woman railing against some long dead slave owner in Bristol.

Re the Ikea thing, maybe they're not au fait with the idea of the Allen key?

Just think of the problems if they were confronted with Torx(tm) or Bristol Spline.

<hiatus>

Pissing down now.

There.

That didn't take long.

Grey grey grey grey grey.

Wet.

Dark.

dank.

Dreary.

Dreadful.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 December 2019, 09:24.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

CBS in sunny sarf herts.

Comment

Working...
                      X