• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Once I've done the dishes, it's time for more BTVS and Angel, being S6 E16 & 17 and S3 E16 & 17 respectively.

I'm finding the arc in Angel peculiarly unsatisfying which probably explains why I have no memory of it at all, though it is about 15 or 16 years since I watched it.
    Turns out that BTVS S6 E17 is the alternate universe one where she's in a mental institution and the doctor is Bobby Hill from Hill St. Blues (Michael Warren).

It's quite sad.

Now watching the thing on 4 about Cheddar Man.

10000 years old.
    Well there's a surprise.

Turns out Cheddar Man was black with blue eyes.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    WTF is DD??
    "Darling Daughter"
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 November 2019, 21:35.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      WTF is DD??
      Mumsnet-speak:

"Darling Daughter"
      See

Off to the Chinese as usual for tonight’s repast, which was very nice as always

Dashed chilly out there, though

Comment

I seem to have a cold. Ho fecking hum.

Off to bed we go.

Comment

I seem to have a cold. Ho fecking hum.

Off to bed we go.
          Unclean! Unclean!

Tonight’s main feature was the conclusion of the (well, a) Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises (2012). Good stuff, but I think they were right to end it there (even if they did leave an opening for more of the same at the end) as otherwise it becomes something like Last of the Summer Wine with capes

And then more of The Wire S3: E8 Moral Midgetry (TV Episode 2004) and E9 Slapstick (TV Episode 2004)

For a couple of years now there’s been a bird that sings outside my window even, or indeed usually, at these small hours. I finally got around to looking it up, and it seems it’s most likely a robin, as they’re as obsessed with preserving territory as Avon Barksdale and don’t mind staying up all night if that’s what it takes. I just hope the poor thing isn’t wearing itself out giving up its sleep like that for the sake of owning our frontage

Goodnight all

Comment

"Darling Daughter"
            At the moment dreadful daughter. 17.5 years old. Knows everything. Hopefully she will leave home before she works out she does not.....

Comment

Any lurkers here?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Any lurkers here?
                Century

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Any lurkers here?
                  Nah. 8.24 is early for me.

Had a most convincing email this morning saying a hacker had an image of me jerking off to young teenagers and demanding payment in bitcoin to erase it.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Think there's an evil demon loose in my kitchen. First the old microwave went wrong and it took me ages to find a replacement that fitted, then the kettle packed up, then the dishwasher stopped working, repair bloke coming next week. This morning turned on light and a bulb exploded with a loud bang, breaking the glass cylinder.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

^^^ Xogg, you need a vampire & demon slayer.

Exploding lightbulbs are very impressive.

I bought some of those from the late unlamented Maplin, to whit 100W "Everready" tungsten bulbs.

One of them exploded after a fortnight, the rest burned out as soon as they were turned on.

Very impressive.

And Maplin refused a refund.

So I'm glad they went bust.

Morning all

Who the feck gets up at 6 on a Sunday? Very odd.

Greyish with hints of blue across the valley boyo, there's tidy then.

Cold. 16.7 in here, a lot less in the leanto.

Dry.

Fed he who would be Strangelove mog.

Still a bit it's more a sort of sore throat but I'm sure the snot will turn up soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X